Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting 19's on my VY/and foglights

Go_Slow

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Series 2 VY S Pack V6 3.8Ltr
Hi guys sorry if this is a silly question and its been answered 100 times i did try to search but there are so many posts.

I want to put 19 inch VE GTS rims on my VYII S.
is there anything I need to consider.
I know the change of springs, adjusting camber kit.

Will i get away with stock shockers when I lower it. (i want just a bit of rim tuck happening)

more importantly and the reason for the post, Will I be ok with the stock breaks?

if any1 is selling 19 inch VY GTS's private msg me, I dont know if im allowed to say that on a post so sorry to the moderators in advance if i've broken a rule.

------------

Also I want to add foglights, are aftermarket ones good?(thinking about saving some cash and ive seen them on ebay for around 100)
is there any info someone could suggest?

Cheers

TJ

Last edited:

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
when putting rims on got to look for tire profile as you might need to get your speedo reset so it gives you a proper reading
I would not recommend using stock shocks with aftermarket springs but many people do it.
(i use pedders sports ryder and love the handling, look and ride)
and changing rims and suspension wont affect your brakes enough to have to change them though our vyII s brakes are small i got 18" rims on and the brakes look tiny in them so unless your going to get more power with engine mods no need to change the brakes.
as well the normal stuff is insurance, as usual lowering height. and depending who your with the rim sizes. (eg: racv only allow rim change like this 17"7 stock can only go to 18"8)

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
VE GTS wheels are 20"
VY GTS wheels are 19"

which do you mean? as you have stated both models.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
You can get imitation 19" VE GTS wheels on ebay to suit VY so maybe thats what he means. Note that imitations are no good and i would not get them.

If you go for any GENUINE VE wheels (imitation ones are probably designed specifically to fit VY) then you will need the centres machines to fit the VY. I have read that this is illegal and you may not be covered by insurance if they notice.

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
Hey Go_Slow, did you end up getting the aftermarket fog lights or just go and get the SS foggies?
Wanna install some this weekend and still not sure if i should just spend the extra $$ on the SS foggies?

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
kinda off the topic but still on it,
the ebay foglights SUCK they do not sit properly on the bar - if u notice on the pictures displayed its a sort of "birds eye view" they do not sit "in" the holes provided on the bar as the original SS ones do ... they kinda poke out it looks stupid. Just a headsup before u waste $66.66 dollars

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
Sweet thanks mate, i was bidding on some yesterday and lost. But im glade i lost the bid now i've heard that...

So where's a good place to get some SS foggies or should i just goto holden? And do you know how much they'll charge?

Go_Slow

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Series 2 VY S Pack V6 3.8Ltr
Hey Go_Slow, did you end up getting the aftermarket fog lights or just go and get the SS foggies?
Wanna install some this weekend and still not sure if i should just spend the extra $$ on the SS foggies?

Sorry brother late reply, I havent brought the foggies, yet though looks like I'll be getting the Genuine ****, I read around that aftermarkets don't fit right.
If its gonna cost you that extra 100 bucks,

Just take on another 5-6 hour shift and your set.

Rather have it looking mean than laughing at these foggies that pop out.