Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting a fuel enjected 5.0L into a vl

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
well im thinking of rather than find out what's causing my major fuel consumption issue im going to go with a more fun / economical option and get a 5.0L and put that in but i just want to know quickly how easy it is to do and what i might need to change because its a v8 (e.g. Speedo)

any help would be good thanks as im saving up now and this will help me know how much i need to save

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Having seen how clean your car is You probably would be better off selling it and buying a v8 ,too much mucking around and time off the road .you would get a decent price for yours and just buy a nice v8

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i have thought of that and by the looks of pricing and time needed it would be cheaper to go with buying a vn-vs v8 of some sort

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well im going to stick with this and will hopefully have it done by the start of next year and my mechanic found a old street machine mag which says about 400 or so vls getting a efi 5L because they needed to do it back then for it to be allowed in the v8 supercars

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have been considering this for awhile now and it raises a few questions in regards to engineering.

The HOLDEN VL was never released with an injected 5 Litre
The Walkinshaw was. BUT the Walkinshaw is NOT a Holden officially.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If the engine is of similar size and weight as one of the original engines and can bolt in without special custom welded mounts then there's no engineering required. It says this in Vicroads modification guide quite clearly :). There's also millions of injected 5 litres in VL's on the roads right now quite happy and legal

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I presume emmissions must meet that of the donor car?