Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

putting a sub and amp to a stock headunit

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
U surely can. Depending on the size of the amps u may need a 2nd battery or an upgraded main battery I'm pushing 1479 watts and I couldn't run it at max without my 2nd battery.

IW.45.NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SV6 manual, ignition.
U surely can. Depending on the size of the amps u may need a 2nd battery or an upgraded main battery I'm pushing 1479 watts and I couldn't run it at max without my 2nd battery.
So the standard head unit is powerful enough to handle a couple of subs off of a LOC?

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I'm considering doing this. Would anyone recommend a speaker upgrade as well? If I did that I'd probably just do the four 6" ones in the doors and leave the tweeters and center speaker in the dash.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
If your going to upgrade your speakers amp them as well otherwise it won't sound any good.

brgsv6

Bing!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
How about a sound processor, if say you were going for 6.5" splits, 6" 2 way rears and a sub (4ch and a mono)
Do they make much difference?

IW.45.NT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SV6 manual, ignition.
I only have a 2ch but I'll try different things that ppl have suggested so far

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
I just tapped off the rear left door, u can access the wires where the door hinges are. Straight into the high in on the amp. It was good at the beginning, but now a year later the main speakers have had it so to say, sounds all distorted.

Global Xpress

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Voodoo Ute
How about a sound processor, if say you were going for 6.5" splits, 6" 2 way rears and a sub (4ch and a mono)
Do they make much difference?

With 4 speakers and 1 sub, no. Spend the extra money if you want to, on better speakers themselves. I have been recommended focal splits for VE's.

brgsv6

Bing!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
With 4 speakers and 1 sub, no. Spend the extra money if you want to, on better speakers themselves. I have been recommended focal splits for VE's.

thanks mate. ive been quoted $2k for all alpine system type s gear installed with the processor