Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putting Rear Parcel Shelf Speakers In Berlina

M

mickey

Um not yet... maybe this weekend I will attampt it. I cant be that hard as long as you pull the rear seat out first.

W

WeeMan

woo, i got em in.

much easier with the seats out.

Looks great too.

If i can do it, f#cken anyone can

M

mickey

What did you put in? and where did the wires come from?

cheers,

Mick

W

WeeMan

alpine 2ways. cant remember size. 6*9 i think.

i didnt do the wiring/ installation only cost me $50 on top of the parts.
Headunit + speakers.

but i did notice that both wires run underneath the doors (on the same side).

M

moose99

i was told to tack out the back seats and then the bolt in the middle and the other grey plasict clips.

as for the speaker wire they run just to the back door for the back so you cut and rejoin them togethere then runn to the boot

Moose99

B

Brezz

I have done this plenty of times.

1. First remove the rear seat by pulling on two little handles located on the bottom front on each side of the seat. Takes about 15sec to do.

2. Then remove the left and right back rests (the center back rest remains) by using a ring spanner or socket to unbolt a single bolt located at the bottom of each back rest. Then using some force slide the back rests up-ward to remove as they have metal loops that slide into the metal backing to stop the seats from falling forwards. Takes a couple of minutes.

3. Fold the center back rest forwards and you will see a plastic strip that runs accross the metal catch that the center back rest latches onto. Using a flat blade screw driver lever the little lugs thet hold the strip in place. These things are designed to pull in and out not screw in and out. After this is removed you will see several more of these little lugs along the leading edge of the moulded shelf just remove these the same way.

4. On top of the moulded shelf you will see two large lugs with a slot in them these can be un-screwed by hand but just pushed strraight back in on the re-install. Lift up the flap in the middle of the moulded shelf and remove the baby harness bolt.

5. The whole shelf will just pop out but remember the middle seat belt is still running through it so the shelf cant be totaly removed from the car.

6. You will see where the grills go in the shelf by the grooves that are moulded into the shelf. Using a stanley knife cut about 5mm inside of the grooves and not on the groove as this is where the speaker grill needs to slot into.

7. Place the grill on top of the shelf in the exact location it is going to be. The grill has little tags on it that slot through the moulded shelf these are bent over to hold the grill in place. So you will need to make little slots in the grooves with the stanley knife with the grill sitting in place.

8. One at a time push through the little tags untill the grill is sitting right then bend them over.

9. There are metal plates that are tack welded in just knock them out with a hammer. Drill in you mounting holes for the speakers but run a sealer on the edge
before screwing in the speaker.

10. This is the hard bit. You will have to remove the plastic mouls located at each side of the car as the wire loom runs under hear, by popping out the screw covers on top. One is at the front of the car and one at the rear. They are star screws so you will need a star driver bit ti remove them. locate the speaker wires (cant remember the colours so call a car audio installer to ask) and cut and connect. Make sure you run the speaker cables before you put the car back together.

11. Putting the car back to gether should be self explanitory from these notes.

Cheers hope this helps.

Brezz

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
we have a sub so i just pulled the speaker covers out and took the cardboard off the back. it lets the sub get into the cabin better.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
you can get standard calais 6inch subwoofer speaker mounts from the wreckers. no need to knock holes into boot(extra noise).will fit most 6inch round speakers. and brings the speaker right up to the speaker grill for better cabin sound.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
If installing 6x9s in the shelf of a VT-VZ, I'd strongly recommend running a generous bead of silicone sealant around the rim of the hole before screwing it in, otherwise you'll almost certainly have a speaker rattling around there in a couple of weeks time (they work themselves loose quite quickly).

The silicone acts a glue, holding the speaker in place, and also dampens the movement when you go over bumps etc.

Just be careful not to get any on the speaker cone.