Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pwr train & oil light staying on in my vt berlina,please can someone help me

jagman95

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
I have a 98 vt berlina,only 139,000kms on clock, the powertrain light and oil light and traction control light says off all the time, car drives perfect,but lights are giving me grief,someone said its the abs ecu,but abs light doesnt come on,the temp sender seemed to have died as well, anyone out there can help me please,before i throw $$ at it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
make sure the plug for the oil pressure switch is plugged in properly. from VT onwards the oil pressure switch is wired through the ecu so it knows if there is a problem. ifhte plug is in properly and you are certain you have good oil pressure then you possibly have a faulty oil pressure switch

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Im not sure if this is your problem, but when a lot of the dash lights come on it normally means the ABS module has failed. Search around for more info, but I know it is a common fault on the VT's. Not cheap, but a new one can be installed by yourself and should fix the problem. Look in the VT section though for more info.

Joshu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Anyone know where the oil presure sensor wire leads to on a vt, mine has disapeared