Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Q&A ABOUT SIDE MIRRORS ( I KNOW IT SOUNDS DUMB )

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
HELLO ALL.THIS MAY SOUND LIKE A SILLY Q BUT IM GONNA ASK IT ANY WAY,,,,,, both my side mirrores are elec MY LEFT MIRROR HAS A STICKER THAT SAYS SOMTHING LIKE THINGS MAY APEAR CLOSER .....THE RIGHT 1 DOES NOT AND THE MIRROR SEEMS TO LOOK DIFFERANT WHEN YOU LOOK INTO IT ( WHY IS THIS? :bop: ) OH AND WHY IM ON THE ISSUE OF MIRRORS IF I GOT A SET OF SELF TILTING MIRRORS FROM A LATER MODEL CALAIS WOULD I BE ABLE TO FIT THEM TO A 1997 VT BERLINA :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:THANKS FOR YOU TIME. HAVE A GREAT WEK END AND A BETTERS WEEKS START,,,,,,,CHEERS.........TONY FROM MELB

Last edited:
R

rattattack1313

Hey Tony......... sounds like one of the mirrors might be after market..........(do you reckon you could take the "CAPS" off please???).....I am not right up on your model car, but I can see no reason why you couldn't put the electric ones in.......

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry about the caps ill keep em off

:thumbsup: thanks mate for the fast reply........sorry about the caps thay are of now have a great moning and a better day cheers....................tony

R

rattattack1313

Noworries mate...glad to ba able to help...you say you have some electric mirrrors...you have the wiring and switch tooo??? If not...the wreckers is best and cheapest......you will find most wreckers' staff more than happpy to assist you in mix & matching car parts.......

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
stevegunn said:
Oh boy!. :b: Left mirror is convex so you (sort of) see the blind spot. Right mirror is, or should be "normal" not "different". All commies have electric mirrors. The self tilting thing, no idea!
I'm guessing you havent been driving along time? :thumbsup:
Wrong champ. One mirror is off a Series 2 (the one with appears bigger, etc) and the other a Series 1. My guess mirror took a nock and got a new one from Holden.
AirStrike :air:

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
IVE BEEN DRIVING FOR 22 YEARS YOU DONT NEED TO BE A LONG TIME OR A SHORT TIME DRIVER TO ASK Q ABOUT CARS......SOME MAY KNOW MORE THAN OTHERS ( BUT I ASURE YOU NO ONE KNOWS EVERTHING)AND THE OH BOY IN YOU POST IS JUST PLAIN RUDE......YES IM TALKING TO YOU stevegunn .MAYBE YOU TO TAKE A CHILL PILL STEVE.................TO ALL OTHERS WHO REPLIED IN A KINDER MANNER I THANK YOU....HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
AirStrike said:
Wrong champ. One mirror is off a Series 2 (the one with appears bigger, etc) and the other a Series 1. My guess mirror took a nock and got a new one from Holden.

Well now I dont know either :b: , I have two series 1 vt's with the "items appear sticker." :confused:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
stevegunn said:
Well now I dont know either :b: , I have two series 1 vt's with the "items appear sticker." :confused:
How do you know they are Series 1? They are exactly the same bar the glass.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
objects_in_mirror_closer_than_appear.jpg

The notice is supposed to appear on the passenger side where 1. You need it for parking and 2. to reduce the blind spot caused by that mirror. Remember you have more vision on the drivers side with it and your interior rear vision mirror.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
i think mine is an after market 1 :b: im not sure but it sure dont have any stickers in the drivers side :w00t: .....and the mirror its self is not the same as the left....i aint complaining :thumbsup: i dont mind it the way it is :thumbsup: . i was just wondering if it was a normal thing to have odd mirrores on the same car i just had a rwc done :thumbsup: and the mech didnt say anything. you only notice it if your :thumbsup: the driver. other than that you wouldnt know from a distance......thanks again all have a great week .............cheeers..............tony :thumbsup: