Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Q: Diff and suspension replacement costs

Custom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
hey guys, i own a 96 vs 2 and i have been 'quoted' over the phone $900 for a second hand diff, for part alone not installed, this seems expensive for a second hand diff, could i please get advice on if this price is good or not? and direction to where or someone that will sell me something within the same price. even price to upgrade to something better than standard?

also please advise same for rear shocks and springs, 'quoted' $500 for rear shocks and springs without labour, how much do lowering suspension kits usually go for?

thanks alot guys

L

LaShY

Cant help you on your diff, but I paid $160 each front shock and $150 for rear shocks, using Monroe Sensatrack (the best monroe offers). These are trade prices from Repco and I wouldn't think you'd get it too much cheaper than that....For springs I've been quoted roughly $130 a set, so for your rear shocks and springs at trade prices (what I would assume your mechanic is paying) it would be about $280 for parts, 500 is very steep....

I'm lowering my car properly and upgrading suspension at the same time and it isn't a cheap exercise, new springs (roughly $260) new front and back shocks ($470), Adjustable panhard rod ($160), Front sway bar ($160), Camber kit??. Check out the online shop here mate, the boys have pretty good prices from what they have quoted me, seem quite genuine too. I think they have new front and rear shock sets for like $600....$500 is ridiculous for just rear shocks and springs IMO, unless they are Koni or Bilstein? Take it easy..

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
should get a diff for $200 or less from a wreckers or if you goto u pull it be more like $100 for a diff.