Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Qantas

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Maybe if you are Japanese :p seems pretty clear to me and I get bonus points for being nearly 4am :!)

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
I know about the big stack, I figure you have one bad one you'll be twice as careful next time. :)

Yes, there was much commotion at the time with the CEO committing harikari. However, the fact remains that all their planes are subject to more rapid deterioration due to the heavy short haul use withing Japan. There have also been another famous near miss incident involving a JAL 747.

and if you were to die on one it's better to die looking at 20 fine looking Japanese hostesses than the typical gay male hostess on Qantas :)

LOL: think they prefer to be known as stewards.

i think greenfoam meant, japan planes are crap, and that the two worst planes in the qantas fleet are better than the best planes in a japanese fleet
Ive read it again, no, it doesnt say ^, its quite unambiguous.

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
It's been statistically proven that flying is safer than driving, when the number of passengers flown per km is compared to passengers driven per km, flying comes out on top. Just the same as professional heavy vehicle drivers have less accidents per km than amatuer car drivers. Its just statistics. It's not to be taken as if you're involved in an accident in an aeroplane you're gunna walk away, you're almost guaranteed to kick off to paradise and collect your 72 virgin camels. But more than likely if you're involved in a car crash, you'll be a survivor.
On average 200 truck drivers are killed every year on Australia's roads, then add the amatuers and pedestrians and the figure becomes a bit bigger. We all know when there's an aviation related fatality in Australia, whether it be fixed wing light or heavy or helo, we all hear about it on the 6 o'clock news and I pretty much guarantee ya that last years aviation fatalities didn't even come close to the professional driver's tally.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
It's been statistically proven that flying is safer than driving, when the number of passengers flown per km is compared to passengers driven per km, flying comes out on top. Just the same as professional heavy vehicle drivers have less accidents per km than amatuer car drivers. Its just statistics. It's not to be taken as if you're involved in an accident in an aeroplane you're gunna walk away, you're almost guaranteed to kick off to paradise and collect your 72 virgin camels. But more than likely if you're involved in a car crash, you'll be a survivor.
On average 200 truck drivers are killed every year on Australia's roads, then add the amatuers and pedestrians and the figure becomes a bit bigger. We all know when there's an aviation related fatality in Australia, whether it be fixed wing light or heavy or helo, we all hear about it on the 6 o'clock news and I pretty much guarantee ya that last years aviation fatalities didn't even come close to the professional driver's tally.
Dave you have already made the point that for the general population there are less fatalities per km with air travel than land travel. I dont see anyone challenging that so why are you posting about it again.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Dave you have already made the point that for the general population there are less fatalities per km with air travel than land travel. I dont see anyone challenging that so why are you posting about it again.

My bad. You quoted me and your reply seemed like you were disagreeing the point. So I chose to reiterate my point. But in my defense, by the time I read it and replied it was already past my bed time. I must be at home and in bed before the street lights come on. My job entails early start times that dictate early bedtimes.