Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD Gets fixed speeding cameras......

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
did you hear about the driver clocked in the camera testing doing 145 clicks on the approach to the story bridge which is a 60 zone
Nope, but I hope he got ****ed over badly. :thumbsup:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
meh, id rather fixed cameras with signage warning you about them than sneaky cops...
seriously, qld coppers are very cunning when it comes to speed cameras...when i lived in nsw even a unmarked police car doing speed camera duties had to have signage down the road before the camera...not in qld, they put the sign pretty much at their feet and hide behind poles or bushes to try catch you, lol.
not that i speed much, sometimes on the motorway ill neak up 5-10k's over the limit but thats it.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
The sneakier the better, that way people will get the idea soon enough(after a few tickets in the mail.....or their mates bleating about it) that there, "could be a camera anywhere", with the only way of beating the cameras is to stay under the limit at all times.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
meh, id rather fixed cameras with signage warning you about them than sneaky cops...
seriously, qld coppers are very cunning when it comes to speed cameras...when i lived in nsw even a unmarked police car doing speed camera duties had to have signage down the road before the camera...not in qld, they put the sign pretty much at their feet and hide behind poles or bushes to try catch you, lol.
not that i speed much, sometimes on the motorway ill neak up 5-10k's over the limit but thats it.

up my way they go one better. they park the 4wd on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere, and put the sign in long grass, you can only just see the top. nowhere does it say the sign must be readable from X metres, just it has to be there. i'm well known for speeding on the highway up here(15-20k over), but i know the road well enough to notice something suspicious about a car on the side of the road. in the end though, if i get caught, i get caught. i don't cry about it

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
they don't even put up signs here!!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
The sneakier the better, that way people will get the idea soon enough(after a few tickets in the mail.....or their mates bleating about it) that there, "could be a camera anywhere", with the only way of beating the cameras is to stay under the limit at all times.

Totally agree there! :thumbsup:

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909

When they increase all speed limits by about 20km/h I will gladly stay under them.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Couldn't agree more.

When they increase all speed limits by about 20km/h I will gladly stay under them.

Speed limits are the way they are because most of the general population struggle to do those speeds. Could you imagine the danger in doing 80 in a now 60 zone down suburban streets and then having granny may turn out in front of you? Your margin for stopping is now gone. How about doing 120 down a highway while 2 drivers are side by side doing 95 each. There is too much possible danger involved. Raising speed limits in some areas by 20 would be downright stupid. If you are doing these speeds already, i guess it won't be long before you kill someone as you will not be able to stop.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Couldn't agree more.

Speed limits are the way they are because most of the general population struggle to do those speeds. Could you imagine the danger in doing 80 in a now 60 zone down suburban streets and then having granny may turn out in front of you? Your margin for stopping is now gone. How about doing 120 down a highway while 2 drivers are side by side doing 95 each. There is too much possible danger involved. Raising speed limits in some areas by 20 would be downright stupid. If you are doing these speeds already, i guess it won't be long before you kill someone as you will not be able to stop.

I agree with the first part of your reply, however I chuckle at your notion that because I choose to exceed the legislated speed limit at times, I'm going to kill someone. I drive in a manner that I deem to be suitably safe taking into account several factors including but not limited to amount of traffic, my vehicle condition, weather & knowing my own limitations. Factoring in these things generally has me over the limit anywhere between 10 - 20 km/h.

I believe that I have enough experience to judge how to safely drive without being dictated to by some bureaucratic moron. (Last comment not directed at yourself.)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I agree with the first part of your reply, however I chuckle at your notion that because I choose to exceed the legislated speed limit at times, I'm going to kill someone. I drive in a manner that I deem to be suitably safe taking into account several factors including but not limited to amount of traffic, my vehicle condition, weather & knowing my own limitations. Factoring in these things generally has me over the limit anywhere between 10 - 20 km/h.

I believe that I have enough experience to judge how to safely drive without being dictated to by some bureaucratic moron. (Last comment not directed at yourself.)

I am not saying you aren't capable, but you cannot predict when someone will do something stupid. It isn't you that is the concern, it i is the less experienced driver, or the child who darts from behind a van that you cannot see.

That is all i was trying to convey.