Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Q's 1987 VL Calais Walkinshaw project

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
sounds like its getting there,heat shield is probably the way to go

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
You could wrap it in exhaust wrap(ive done this before with injected v8 in my old calais) or re run new lines or modify the current ones.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Loving this build mate. All coming together so quickly. Top work :)

GRPAVL

Reaction score
Website
homepages.ihug.co.nz
Members Ride
1987 VL Calais Walkinshaw
thanks .. yeah its getting close. I just want to start driving it.

finished off the wiring today. Just need to wrap the cable in black tape but its all out of the way at least. Battery is in the boot and starts the car first pop so thats a bonus. Just need to work on the mounting of the battery in the box in the boot now. Just about to go and pick up the trailer for tomorrow morning to get the car to the exhaust shop amd while im at it drop the front bumper bar off to the trailer man to fix the bracket at the front with some fibreglass.

pics to come

Q

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
What master cylinder,booster are you running?

GRPAVL

Reaction score
Website
homepages.ihug.co.nz
Members Ride
got the car bak from the exhaust shop last night. It has a small leak on the front of my front muffler but other than that it sounds ok. will try get a video of it today for you all.

now to sort the timing and to find out why there is water leaking around my thermostat housing (new thermo and gasket)

Q

Q

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
get the exhaust shop to fix the leak,you may need to remove thermostat and reseal the gasket as its common to leak from what I have found on a few other threads with these

GRPAVL

Reaction score
Website
homepages.ihug.co.nz
Members Ride
just id some research on it myself and it looks like I am suffering the same sepage issue as everyone else on the thermo housing. Will pull it apart again tomorrow and try an o ring as well as teh gasket and goop. so annoying.

got the earth cables back today, one to each engine mount to chassis and one to teh gearbox. also realigned the spedo drive 90degree bend upwards to clear the exhaust better. sits nicely above the drive shaft with a bracket to keep it falling onto the shaft itself.

Also fitted the driver side heat sheild (will try get a pic next week while its on the hoist).

picked up the timing light today as well from a mate so will give that a crack tomorrow. shouldnt be too har. already remoevd teh drivers fuel rail cover and cracked the dizzy nut. Let the fun and games begin.

Q

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
getting there,sounds like you are on your way,this forum is good for knowledge I have found