Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quarter mile times for alloytec capa chargers

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Been doing a little bit of research for my next toy and looking at the options available for the alloyec, specifically the VE ute.

The power figures obtained seem pretty respectable but I havnt seen much about what sort of 0-100 and quarter mile times they are capable of. I have noticed what appear to be fairly ordinary times for various centifugal supercharged sixes and was wondering if this was the norm for this type of setup (without spending 20k) or if anyone with some info on the matter could fill me in.

I take it the VE would have different gear/diff ratios which may make it perform differently from a similarly modified ecotec?

Also whats the latest in regard to tuning for alloytecs is it only via a piggyback setup and if so what are the problems associated with this?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Alloytecs are tuned by using a program to reflash over the current computer.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
VE Power

We have developed a VCM suite tune for the Alloytec, just flash it in and go, no piggyback mods from us. No piggybacks for us, NO SIR :D

Not sure what kind of quartermile you think you want, maybe post that up as obviously there is something you would be happy with just reading between the lines. We have Brisbane customer with VS Comm 8.8psi on 13.3 quartermile for Ecotec which is not too shabby for a basic setup with a cooler added in later and no matching tune.

The $20k bit is interesting, our agent in brisbane is doing VZ Alloytec drive in drive out $5500. Can't see why a VE could be anything much more.

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Yeah sorry the 20k comment was in regard to building an engine that could handle LOADS of boost to run quick times.

I take it that the 13.3 was ran on 8.8psi?

What sort of power figures, torque, 0-100 and quarter mile times are you seeing from your alloytec kits and how long til you knock up a VE kit?

Im just trying to get an idea of how the different types of FI compare as I see a lot of advertisements for blower kits around and they definitely make good power but I find very little information on actual performance figures. Obviously there is more to it than the information I am after but its a starting point that allows me to compare my current setup with what I want to build so i wont be dissapointed.

Does anyone do a turbo kit for the alloytecs? I found reference to a kit by Magic Performance but all has been quiet for some time......

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Just re-read your post, so he is running 13.3 on 8.8psi un-tuned? Thats fairly impressive.

You should knock up a database of some description with specs of your customers cars, performance details, would make for good reading.

What is the highest boost level kit you offer for an alloytec engine, what is the cost for this kit (I assume its intercooled) and I gather you take no responsibility if someone goes changing pullies and winding the boost up.....

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I can offer a 10psi kit at present for Alloytec.

I can keep an eye on a local ute thats got the kit on you are asking about, it is also coping a set of cams (don't know from where) and its possibly intercooled too. If I come across some info that is of use to you I will pass it on. It will only be by chance that I do, but lets see.

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Just having a bit of a think to myself and was wondering if you have ever looked into using a wastegate setup to allow full boost earlier in the piece rather than only getting full boost at full rpm.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
bundy

We seem to be getting extreme torque happening with normal boost curve, we will increase this further but not that keen on adding another 6psi at the low end, would definitely smash parts