Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about changing parts of an My17 Holden Calais-V

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
Hi all i'm yet to take delivery of my MY17 V8 Holden Calais-V and I have a few things I want to plan on swapping out throughout the years so not all at once.

Firstly is the interior trim that spreads from the front doors to the dash,instead of the carbon fibre look I like the Woodgrain look that is found on the Light Titanium trim

cd5425287417260294187.jpg

Secondly is the rear bumper that I would like to swap out for the SS-V,SS,SV6 sportier look bumper which will go well with the black rims when I get the chance to change those too.

cd5043990002901639849.jpg

bed69ef1731e97d7baa0df7495e7568b.jpg

I already added aluminum pedals and the Lip spoiler option for my car, would've went for the SS-V redline but it was missing heated mirrors with paddle lights, heated and electric memory seats.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
Hi there...congrats on the Calais V. These forums are a sea of SSV redline and LE owners....its great to hear from a fellow calais pilot.

Woodgrain trim will give the interior some more 'warmth' though im happy with the fake carbon fibre in my MY16. The bumper conversion....are you sure the benefits will outweigh the work to fit and paint a new SSV bumper? I personally think the quad exhaust provides a decent amount of aggression. Did you option the police brake package? Its a no brainer at the price. I also have the alloy pedals.....Though black wheels and rear lip spoiler?.....maybe you should have purchased the redline. I personally think the only alternative wheels that suit the calais are the 20" senator genF2 multispoke alloys though i stuck with the standard 19" calais v wheels...aggressive though restrained. Additionally, I also have senator mirror scalps...chrome though they dont stand out as the paint colour is nitrate. When are you getting it delivered.?

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
Hi there...congrats on the Calais V. These forums are a sea of SSV redline and LE owners....its great to hear from a fellow calais pilot.

Woodgrain trim will give the interior some more 'warmth' though im happy with the fake carbon fibre in my MY16. The bumper conversion....are you sure the benefits will outweigh the work to fit and paint a new SSV bumper? I personally think the quad exhaust provides a decent amount of aggression. Did you option the police brake package? Its a no brainer at the price. I also have the alloy pedals.....Though black wheels and rear lip spoiler?.....maybe you should have purchased the redline. I personally think the only alternative wheels that suit the calais are the 20" senator genF2 multispoke alloys though i stuck with the standard 19" calais v wheels...aggressive though restrained. Additionally, I also have senator mirror scalps...chrome though they dont stand out as the paint colour is nitrate. When are you getting it delivered.?

For the bumper i'm still considering if I want to change it or not, just have to wait until my car gets delivered cause I might not end up changing it but for the woodgrain finish it's a must and it was a shame Holden discontinued it alongside the Light titanium tone.No i didn't as it was too late for the dealership to change it for me.

As for the Lip spoiler i wanted to add it cause its really plain on the rear of the Calais-V and i wanted it to look more less like a Evoke and as i said i would've gone with the SS-V if it had heated seats and the chrome trim but i'm happy with my purchase that i made and as the dealer said there are more SS-V's then Calais-V's on the road which makes the car even more special since the road isn't flooded with them.

My car is getting delivered sometime in September, the dealer hasn't told me the extract date yet.

cd4615744761576803877.jpg

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Looks good mate. Good to see another Calais owner. #superior ;)

Keeping the front bumper?

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
For the bumper i'm still considering if I want to change it or not, just have to wait until my car gets delivered cause I might not end up changing it but for the woodgrain finish it's a must and it was a shame Holden discontinued it alongside the Light titanium tone.No i didn't as it was too late for the dealership to change it for me.

As for the Lip spoiler i wanted to add it cause its really plain on the rear of the Calais-V and i wanted it to look more less like a Evoke and as i said i would've gone with the SS-V if it had heated seats and the chrome trim but i'm happy with my purchase that i made and as the dealer said there are more SS-V's then Calais-V's on the road which makes the car even more special since the road isn't flooded with them.

My car is getting delivered sometime in September, the dealer hasn't told me the extract date yet.

cd4615744761576803877.jpg
When you take delivery of your Calais V, it should have the standard non pre-drilled boot lid, meaning that lip spoiler will need the holes drilled post assembly....have you considered sourcing a calais Director lip spoiler instead? Its tiny though attaches with double sided tape and no drilling....just another option for you. As for getting mistaken for an evoke.....come September, make sure you run-in the LS3 and then on the first opportunity, drive through your favourite tunnel....windows down, sunroof open....plant it with the bimodal exhaust set to open....no one will mistake you for an evoke.....beleive me, it never gets old. There is a definite 'C63'-ness to the sound. Also agree with the exclusivity of the Calais V with LS3.Its a much rarer beast than the Redline...my biggest gripe was the omission of a brembo brake option for the Calais....that would have been nice.
downloadfile-4.jpg

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
MY16 Calais V LS3 owner here... Welcome to the club :p

I don't think they are "Evokey" at all, front, side or rear. I don't think many people will confuse the two. The blaring C A L A I S badge across the rear kinda puts that to bed. So will the four pipes sticking out of it.... Add some right foot to that and there is no mistaking it.

If anything, the small rear spoiler is something I should have optioned, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
A quick google search for the Director spoiler is coming up donuts. Wouldn't mind one of those really.

Just my opinion, but the Calais is not a Redline. If I was going to mod mine... Brakes, suspension and tune etc etc... I would be keeping it rather stock. Sleepier the better. Will never see a racetrack anyway. Apart from a campsite at Bathurst.

I had all these plans to do all sorts of things....then I picked up the car and sort of changed my mind. The only thing I have done is put on a bee sting aerial. May be a bit of a cop out but I found that it checked the boxes pretty much everywhere.

Last edited:

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
When you take delivery of your Calais V, it should have the standard non pre-drilled boot lid, meaning that lip spoiler will need the holes drilled post assembly....have you considered sourcing a calais Director lip spoiler instead? Its tiny though attaches with double sided tape and no drilling....just another option for you. As for getting mistaken for an evoke.....come September, make sure you run-in the LS3 and then on the first opportunity, drive through your favourite tunnel....windows down, sunroof open....plant it with the bimodal exhaust set to open....no one will mistake you for an evoke.....beleive me, it never gets old. There is a definite 'C63'-ness to the sound. Also agree with the exclusivity of the Calais V with LS3.Its a much rarer beast than the Redline...my biggest gripe was the omission of a brembo brake option for the Calais....that would have been nice.

I kinda worded it wrong as my car is already optioned for the Lip spoiler when I placed a deposit on the car and i wouldn't of gotten the Directors spoiler, it's just way too small for my taste.

I'm glad that i waited out for the Series II with the new Tail lights cause apart from the visible exhausts and badging the Series I Calais looks just like a Evoke from behind.

As for the rear SS-V bumper it just looks a tad better with it's meaner sports car look. The SS-V is like the E63 while the Calais-V is more towards the luxury side E250/E500's etc.For me i like a bit of both so having the back look like a SS-V while the rest of the car a Calais-V is exactly what i like to have.
f85fdf84dfb39e6e03e6c9099a863f5a.jpg

cc5533541880373623679.jpg

upload_2017-6-5_14-16-12.png

upload_2017-6-5_14-16-18.png

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
I kinda worded it wrong as my car is already optioned for the Lip spoiler when I placed a deposit on the car and i wouldn't of gotten the Directors spoiler, it's just way too small for my taste.

I'm glad that i waited out for the Series II with the new Tail lights cause apart from the visible exhausts and badging the Series I Calais looks just like a Evoke from behind.

As for the rear SS-V bumper it just looks a tad better with it's meaner sports car look. The SS-V is like the E63 while the Calais-V is more towards the luxury side E250/E500's etc.For me i like a bit of both so having the back look like a SS-V while the rest of the car a Calais-V is exactly what i like to have.
f85fdf84dfb39e6e03e6c9099a863f5a.jpg

cc5533541880373623679.jpg

View attachment 192591

View attachment 192592
Is the optioned lip spoiler black or body colour? Whats is your chosen colour?

Best part about Series II is the LS3 motivator up front.

Some other small Calais V features include more refined instrument cluster fonts and blue screen background instead of red. I also like the adjustable rear seat head rests....cant remember if the SSV gets the same high series centre arm rest too. I also dont intend to track my car though Brembo brakes in silver would have been a great option from an aesthetic perspective. I also replaced the whip antenna with a stubby bee sting type.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I also dont intend to track my car though Brembo brakes in silver would have been a great option from an aesthetic perspective.

Yep I'm not putting mine on the track but I grabbed some Brembos for mine. Painted them silver with black Brembo stickers. Basically for aesthetics :)

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep I'm not putting mine on the track but I grabbed some Brembos for mine. Painted them silver with black Brembo stickers. Basically for aesthetics :)
Any side-on photos of the car with the brembos and presumably different wheels (to clear calipers)? Would love to see it.