Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about changing parts of an My17 Holden Calais-V

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
Is the optioned lip spoiler black or body colour? Whats is your chosen colour?

Best part about Series II is the LS3 motivator up front.

Some other small Calais V features include more refined instrument cluster fonts and blue screen background instead of red. I also like the adjustable rear seat head rests....cant remember if the SSV gets the same high series centre arm rest too. I also dont intend to track my car though Brembo brakes in silver would have been a great option from an aesthetic perspective. I also replaced the whip antenna with a stubby bee sting type.

It was too late to option for the Performance brakes as I didn't think of it at the time I placed the deposit down but if I can get the Brembo's on the Calais-V that would be great especially the red calipers not the silver ones that are on the Chevrolet SS.

At the time I placed a deposit down they said the only colour left was Son Of a Gun but last week the dealer has sent a request to the factory so they can change it to Phantom Black which is the colour I wanted at first which says on the Contact.

There's another thing i'm trying to find and that is door cup protection film for the VF Commodore even thou I have paint protection.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
On my phone so can't post pics. Check my car link https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/black-vfii-calais-v-wagon.262489/

No!! Same wheels they clear and they fill it up well.
I am intrigued.....If the complete Redline brembo brake package fits beneath the spokes of a CalaisV/SSV alloy wheel, why do many in the industry insist that it is NOT possible? Is it misinformation? Could it be that the clearance is not enough to be considered safe? I would love silver or red brembos for my Calais V though am unsure if a conversion is safe....so many say its not possible.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I am intrigued.....If the complete Redline brembo brake package fits beneath the spokes of a CalaisV/SSV alloy wheel, why do many in the industry insist that it is NOT possible? Is it misinformation? Could it be that the clearance is not enough to be considered safe? I would love silver or red brembos for my Calais V though am unsure if a conversion is safe....so many say its not possible.

Not sure why. It obviously works. check out notstock silver SS in the VF section of My ride

Edit: here we are
img_5898-jpg.192340

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Don't forget VF2 Calais has different wheels to anything VF, including SSV (which doesn't exist for VF2 <--- *edit* yeah sorry CalaisVLS3 that's incorrect).
Could be by luck, rather than by intention/design, that the back of the Calais wheel spokes will clear the Brembos.
Could also be that Holden were considering fitting the Calais with the Brembos, or offering them as an option ...

Last edited:

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree... it could have been their intention to offer brembos as an option on calais V and SSV and a decsion was made to limit it to Redline in the interests of model differentiation.. this is a possibility.

SSV was available with the same wheels as CalaisV in MY16. Was discontinued in MY17 to streamline the offering of sports models to SS, SSV redline and SV6. SSV (non redlines) are rare.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
My Calais V LS3 has the standard performance brake option with larger front rotor and single piston floating caliper. This upgrades the master cylinder too so the system is Brembo ready.....Do I need to buy new rotors or can I just buy the front and rear monoblock calipers from the SSV redline and fit them onto the standard rotors? Remember the police front rotors in my Calais are larger than the standard ones...i think they are 345mm.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
My Calais V LS3 has the standard performance brake option with larger front rotor and single piston floating caliper. This upgrades the master cylinder too so the system is Brembo ready.....Do I need to buy new rotors or can I just buy the front and rear monoblock calipers from the SSV redline and fit them onto the standard rotors? Remember the police front rotors in my Calais are larger than the standard ones...i think they are 345mm.

Not 100% sure mate. Theres a couple brakes threads that are fairly recent so I'd check them out.
I went DBA rotors all round and got QFM pads since I didn't read promising reviews on the Brembo pads.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I reckon you'll need new rotors..

Redline (brembos, 4 piston front and rear): 355mm front, 360mm rear
USA police: 345mm front, 324mm rear
Stock VF: 322mm front, 324mm rear