Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about changing parts of an My17 Holden Calais-V

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
I agree... it could have been their intention to offer brembos as an option on calais V and SSV and a decsion was made to limit it to Redline in the interests of model differentiation.. this is a possibility.

SSV was available with the same wheels as CalaisV in MY16. Was discontinued in MY17 to streamline the offering of sports models to SS, SSV redline and SV6. SSV (non redlines) are rare.

Yep not many SSV floating around and I got the MY16 last model year. I'll throw my own brake package on and a few other goodies at some point...

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais V 6.0ltr V8
I don't have the Series II but I bought the Series II "C A L A I S" badge for the boot & put it on mine & removed the "calaisV" badge in the left hand corner as I think it looks heaps better.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I don't have the Series II but I bought the Series II "C A L A I S" badge for the boot & put it on mine & removed the "calaisV" badge in the left hand corner as I think it looks heaps better.

Yep no doubt. I put it on my VE Calais as well since no badge would fit under the bobtail spoiler. Looked really good

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep no doubt. I put it on my VE Calais as well since no badge would fit under the bobtail spoiler. Looked really good
Definitely the classier look.
Be interesting to see it done on the VE since the number plate is on the boot, where did you place it?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Definitely the classier look.
Be interesting to see it done on the VE since the number plate is on the boot, where did you place it?

Where the Holden badge was. I put the aftermarket bob tail/senator spoiler on it so I sadly couldn't fit the badge on anymore. So when the VFII was released I grabbed the Calais badge. Looked surprisingly good. I'll put a pic up when I get home from work.

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where the Holden badge was. I put the aftermarket bob tail/senator spoiler on it so I sadly couldn't fit the badge on anymore. So when the VFII was released I grabbed the Calais badge. Looked surprisingly good. I'll put a pic up when I get home from work.
Ah I see. Be great if you can put a pic up, a mate has a nice VE Calais so I can show him what it looks like too.

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
This is how my Calais-V will eventually look like after I replace the standard alloy rims and change up the rear bumper to the SS-V,SS and SV6 bumper.

I also want to change the brake pads to red Brembo's down the line, is it possible if I only have the standard VF brakes?

2fba15d0d14cddba397fbc51ddded40d.jpg

upload_2017-6-15_12-50-38.png

upload_2017-6-15_12-50-44.png

upload_2017-6-15_12-50-52.png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Redline Brembos (the calipers, to answer the original question I was answering, and the pads as well to answer the more recent question :)) are incompatible with the existing Calais rotors.

Dunno how hard you're planning on pushing this car; but since everything's being replaced, I've seen a few options on eBay which offer bigger brakes for similar prices to those being asked for the Redline Brembos ... eg. the HSV (?AP?) Clubbie setup, one person was even selling a complete set of Caddy CTSV Brembos repainted in the VF1 Redline silver & with new DBA rotors.

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is how my Calais-V will eventually look like after I replace the standard alloy rims and change up the rear bumper to the SS-V,SS and SV6 bumper.

I also want to change the brake pads to red Brembo's down the line, is it possible if I only have the standard VF brakes?

2fba15d0d14cddba397fbc51ddded40d.jpg

View attachment 192880
View attachment 192881
View attachment 192882
Nice.
I'll post some photo's of mine on Monday. I have the 20" HDT MOMO Wheels on mine, lowered, cat back, cream interior.
Planning on getting the front painted in the fog/drl surrounds, lower grill & main grill black (leaving just the edge surround of chrome on the main grill).

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
Nice.
I'll post some photo's of mine on Monday. I have the 20" HDT MOMO Wheels on mine, lowered, cat back, cream interior.
Planning on getting the front painted in the fog/drl surrounds, lower grill & main grill black (leaving just the edge surround of chrome on the main grill).

How has the cream interior held up so far? Did you optioned for full interior protection when you purchased the car?

I saw a silver Calais-V with blacked out fog/drl surrounds and grill on carsales in the last month or so and I don't think it looks that good too be honest but not sure how it will turn out on a phantom black colour Calais-V.

I'm planning on getting my whole dashboard covered in leather and still trying to find a clear plastic film to place in the door cups to prevent scratches even thou I optioned for paint protection I can't risk it.

I wish that Holden had a leather dash option like the European cars cause the plastic doesn't scream premium at all, even the Toyota Camry has a leather dash.

237301d1339010245-designo-leather-ml350-mercedes-benz-m-class_2012_1600x1200_wallpaper_a8-jpeg.jpg