Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about manual conversion.....

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Hey guys
I know that many people have said that a manual conversion isnt worth it and just find a manual vt i dont want to do this as ive done alot of work on my current commodore and dont want to have to mess around doing it all again with another car.... so currently it has the stock auto tranny in it the 4l60e this has trans coolers attached to it when i end up putting the manual box (getrag 260) in it do the oil cooler attach to it?

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that thought it would but just wanted to make sure

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
if you havnt already got 1.....go for the getrag 290 (MUCH STRONGER BOX THAN THE 260)
Hey guys
I know that many people have said that a manual conversion isnt worth it and just find a manual vt i dont want to do this as ive done alot of work on my current commodore and dont want to have to mess around doing it all again with another car.... so currently it has the stock auto tranny in it the 4l60e this has trans coolers attached to it when i end up putting the manual box (getrag 260) in it do the oil cooler attach to it?

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
will the 290 fit without modification i was going for a t56 but too much screwing around with the crossmembers and such...

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
will the 290 fit without modification i was going for a t56 but too much screwing around with the crossmembers and such...

sure willll.............................