Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about reg..

T

tyneesa

Hey
New here.. Was looking on net couldn't find anything to help
So I thought I'd try a forum..

In August I bought a VL from a private seller..
I was buying it unregistered, and he took the plates and said he'd cancel it
(So i found some old plates around the house and stuck them on, Stupid I know but i didn't wanna get pulled over everyday!!)

Since then smashed the backend so been fixing it.

Got pulled over by the police today..
He tells me that the car is still registered. The seller never cancelled it, So i've been buying permits for nothing..

Can I go to VicRoads and transfer it without the seller, or will i have to get a hold of him, and get him to cancel or transfer it..

See I'm majorly pissed that I've wasted about 250+ on permits..

Your opinions would be great

Thanks
Shannon

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
in qld all ya do if you buy a car wh ich is still regestered, is you take the receipt to qld transport along with proof of ownership and they transfer it over for ya

or take the plates in, say you bought it, want to cancel the rego and give them a reson, i.e. mechanical failure, never say it's been in a crash, (cause they will give you a repairable write of state on the car) and all is good

that is qld only, i would ring vic roads, and check with them, thats the best advice i think anyone could give ya

cheers
garth

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You have to take the plates in cancel the rego, you then have to provide a rwc to re register it in your name, may also involve a on site rwc.