Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about the remote wire from the head unit

Mty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Exec
So since installing my head unit (which looks so hot :D) I've noticed that theres a particular wire that goes from head unit to amp called 'remote', im sure you all know that.

Anyway, since i'll be running 2 amps and 2 subs (setup seen here) i was wondering. which amp do i run the remote wire to? Or do i splice it and run a secondary wire off that one and run it to both amps?

Also another thing i just remembered, since ill have 2 amps does that mean ill need two wiring kits and two sets of wiring running from the battery? I have a 4gauge wiring kit, if that helps at all.

Thanks!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You can easily run 2 amps off the one remote wire, no problems. So splice it too each amp.

A single 4 gauge kit should suffice, just get a distribution block and run some 4-gauge to each amp, but will need a ground for each amp. I have my distro block under my rear seat.

Mty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Exec
Sweet!! Thanks for comfirming my thoughts :D

badger__rox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VnExecutive
they also say that the wiring coming off the distribution block to the amps should be the same length,

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
they also say that the wiring coming off the distribution block to the amps should be the same length,

News to me too. Considering the speed at which electricity travels, I don't think 1 metre is going to make a difference.

Mty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Exec
News to me too. Considering the speed at which electricity travels, I don't think 1 metre is going to make a difference.

thats what i would've thought too heh, thanks for the input though :D