Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about tunes

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hi all,

Wondering if any would know if a tune would change the exhaust note of the car? I currently have a VE SSV ute with the following mods:

long pacemaker extractors
hi flow cats
3inch hurricane catback system with rear mufflers removed and 2.5inch straight pipe with j bend to eliminate drone
air hammer CAI

Its booked in for a tune on Friday and I was wondering if the tune would change the exhaust note of the car at all????

Dont get me wrong it sounds great now but I was going to make it a full 3inch system all the way through and chuck on 3inch straight pipes with a j bend at the rear.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I'll let you know tomorow mate. Though honestly I think it would. As your car will be pushing out more HP.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
With those mods already on the car, I highly doubt just a tune would affect the exhaust note. The tune will bring it all together nicely though.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
I have a full 3" system on my ute with rear mufflers and it sounds great. who is doing the tune?

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
I have a full 3" system on my ute with rear mufflers and it sounds great. who is doing the tune?

Im either taking it power torque or getting it done by a VCM suite. Unless you can recommend any other good tuners???

Ive heard conflicting arguements about wether or not the tune would change the note...some people say yes some people say no...but thanks for the input guys...keep it coming

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
I get my work done at powertorque as well. they use vcm suite. you should average about a 40-50 kw gain with your set up which is about the norm for an unopened engine. but torque gain is excellent usually up 60-90 nm, somewhere near the 600 mark. I highly recommend them, been around a long time and mark and Shaun know their stuff

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I didn't notice any change in note when mine was tuned. I use Steve from oztrack and he's excellent. Mine is tuned via EFI live.

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
I never noticed any difference with my 2.5" hurricane catback and vcm otr when it got tuned at powertorque. But your right from just those two mods I made 330kw and 611 nm