Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about ur fuel to distance

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Last edited:

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
460km,s easy, and that's not long trips haven't tested that yet.
Will go to 480 or 490 if I run it to dead empty (as in car conking out haha).
That is with the 63 litre tank running BP Ultimate 98 octane

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
normally 570 km to a tank, 50/50 city/freeway driving on BP ultimate 98 (same on 95) although this is a vr 3800 and pcm in a vn
e10 lucky to get 500 km to a tank.....

other vn is about 480 to a tank but it's fairly clapped out and up for an engine and trans replacement soon.

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
460km,s easy, and that's not long trips haven't tested that yet.
Will go to 480 or 490 if I run it to dead empty (as in car conking out haha).
That is with the 63 litre tank running BP Ultimate 98 octane

I know if I did that "dead empty" & "drive lightly" thing with VP-S I'd probably get well over 800 km's out of her easy with the big tank (I don't drive lightly at all)

How many kms off a tank do u guys get?
I'm only getting 300 kms

Dude you either have to revise your driving habits & or do a full service & get a decent tune

normally 570 km to a tank, 50/50 city/freeway driving on BP ultimate 98 (same on 95) although this is a vr 3800 and pcm in a vn
e10 lucky to get 500 km to a tank.....

other vn is about 480 to a tank but it's fairly clapped out and up for an engine and trans replacement soon.

That's pretty damn good if it's a standard tank, have you applied the trick where the main fuel map is leaned out like the NZ cars had on your memcal?

Last edited:

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
That's pretty damn good if it's a standard tank, have you applied the trick where the main fuel map is leaned out like the NZ cars had on your memcal?

eg 1: is basically a std tune with some more adv and richer wot, rest was just moved approx 500 rpm up to accommodate the std cam being adv 4 degrees (all guess work without getting the bitza on a dyno), from memory i actually reduced the lean cruise afr slightly....

eg 2. no tuning on that, it's a 240,xxx km 88 vn that has had as little as possible done to it to keep it roadworthy and driveable (looks like a std oil soaked v6 under the bonnet)... trans is rooted and engine rattles it's bits out..... for as f'd as this driveline, it's about 13 L/100

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
VP berlina with VR reco engine (less than 5000k) and i get 15-16.5L/100k driving with my heavy foot (so 400k till its completely empty), and get 16.8L/100k driving as lightly as possible.
Something is wrong :p

tittezzzvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6 Berlina & 5LT VP International
VT V6 berlina auto 12lt/150ks half on the freeway & the other half through city
VP 5lt International probly 20lt/ 100ks the way i drive it

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
eg 1: is basically a std tune with some more adv and richer wot, rest was just moved approx 500 rpm up to accommodate the std cam being adv 4 degrees (all guess work without getting the bitza on a dyno), from memory i actually reduced the lean cruise afr slightly....

eg 2. no tuning on that, it's a 240,xxx km 88 vn that has had as little as possible done to it to keep it roadworthy and driveable (looks like a std oil soaked v6 under the bonnet)... trans is rooted and engine rattles it's bits out..... for as f'd as this driveline, it's about 13 L/100

Jxw I refer to your eg1: that's about what I get for 63ltrs in the other 2 memcals I have sitting around which I had done some work on with a few eproms, the one currently in VP-S is a Greenfoam special order:spot on:

my car is always servised and always gets that many kms to a tank no matter how i drive

Just helping you out mate is all - because you started the thread, you must be concerned with your consumption.. is it mainly stop start driving you do & if it's always serviced do you complete the work or a mechanic?
300km's per 63ltr tank is not right, should be around 10-12L/100km, so maybe do some diagnostics on your car :- check fuel pressure, clean air filter & intake duct, check leads/plugs & injectors, clean PCV valve, check MAP, MAT & coolant sensor operation plus all your vacuum connections for starters..

Last edited: