Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about VXR low beam

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
Might seem like a stupid question but when I have my lights set to automatic on my VXR, low beam is always on too. In my old RS if I left automatic headlights set to on, it would only be DRL LEDs on and would turn the lowbeams on/off as needed... Any thoughts/am I missing something? Or is this as designed with the LUX LEDs?

Cheers

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
To answer my own question, I noticed my windscreen had been replaced and guessed the light sensor may have been roughed up. Yup that was the culprit - replaced now my headlights function as expected... Drl during day, auto on headlights at night.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
As a side story, I had my windscreen replaced after it got hit by a stone and cracked. The conversation with the glass place went something like:

"Do you have autonomous emergency braking?"
Yes
"Do you have automatic wipers?"
Yes
"Do you have adaptive cruise control?"
Yes
"Do you have pedestrian alert?"
Yes
Me after question 5: "Look, my car probably has what you are about to ask about, so lets just assume it does." :)

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
As a side story, I had my windscreen replaced after it got hit by a stone and cracked. The conversation with the glass place went something like:

"Do you have autonomous emergency braking?"
Yes
"Do you have automatic wipers?"
Yes
"Do you have adaptive cruise control?"
Yes
"Do you have pedestrian alert?"
Yes
Me after question 5: "Look, my car probably has what you are about to ask about, so lets just assume it does." :)
Haha yeah would be easier to list the features they DON'T have I had sold my RS and had a Ute for a year and missed it all so came back to the dark side, got rid of it and and got a VXR