Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question regarding skids / Traction Control

Serobix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
Ok so i got a new holden 2014 VF SV6 now i turned traction control off, clutch dumped 2nd around a corner, rear end started to slide, but then this icon of like a car that had squiggly lines showed up ? what is that and how do i disable it, it was like it did that cause of the front end so im kinda unsure, can anyone explain how to skid it then in a sv6 vf storm, cause me n my gf are gna go power fest / power cruise n such in future, obviously i'll have diff engine transmission clutch and all that **** ready for it but just curious as to why it did this and why i can't hoop it when i skid ?|

How to turn traction control completely off ? and best way to skid it in 2nd ?

And no it was all done legally!

Last edited:

Serobix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
Anyway you don't know me i don't know you, you don't know im not on private property, people do own property in teh country u know and forestwise as well, anyway Does anyone have an answer to my question ? i dont wanna look like an idiot going to an event and then not knowing how to drive or hurt someone

Serobix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
Well i push the button just above the 2 parking buttons next to the gear box "Traction control" off, and on my dash it appears that its off but is there other features or something? cause its like it's still there and im wondering why

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
You have to hold the button for something like 5 seconds. If you tap it once it only disables traction control, but keeps stability control activated.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If you want to do skids , buy a paddock thrasher , if you can afford a VF , ( if it is yours ) , you can afford a paddock thrasher .

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Why would you buy a brand new V6 VF only to do a V8 conversion for powercruise why not just buy a V8 to start with, you will probably spend half the cars value if not more getting the conversion done.

Not sure who in their right mind though would buy a brand new car with factory warranty, then go to powercruise and instantly void the warranty and pull the motor out.

Surely it would make more sense to #### a cheaper car?

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Wow.

Deadset, he asked a simple question and the anti-V6 brigade jumps on him.

I was wondering the same thing the other day. I turned traction control off, but found that a few seconds after it starts sliding, the stability control kicks on and straightens it up. Will have to try holding the button down for 5 seconds.
But don't worry guys, I've got a V8, so it's a perfectly valid question.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Thread cleaned.

I suggest people read the rules regarding abuse of members.

Next time I will infract those calling each other names etc. If you cannot answer the OP's query, don't post.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Just grabbed the owners manual.

It definitely confirms that a single press turns of tractions control, but a 5 second press turns off traction and stability control. Traction off light, and stability control light will both be on.