Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question!!

vysute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 Utility 2004
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a SS front bar to go onto my S pack ute as it never got optioned with one from factory :(
I've been trolling ebay and can't find any at all!? But there are a lot of aftermarket SS bars made from plastic that by looks seem fine and they say that it's an "excellent fit". I do go on faith value when buying things off ebay lol. My question is has anyone had any experience with these after market bars and if so how easy were they to actually fit? mounting points all worked? and to top it off what sort of prices did you guys pay to get your bars painted?

Thanks! vysute.

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
like all aftermarket things im sure it is very close, for being an exact replica and fitting perfect i wouldnt count on it. there maybe some fiddling involved in getting it to fit right. if i was you just keep your eye out on ebay and local wreckers one will pop up sooner or later.

trav_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss and vs statesman
best bet would be to get one from the wreckers in good condition. least then you can see it in reall life. most ebay one are not as good as they say i reckon

Mark Nightingale

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HBD
Just bought one off ebay last weekend.. got it painted and shes going on tomorrow, il let ya know how it goes! it all seems weel at the moment though.. $199 was pretty cheap too..

Pretty sure theres one on Gumtree at the moment too... in adelaide though....

Last edited:

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
mate when i crashed my car i was looking for a bumper on ebay and wreckers etc.. got prices for around the $300 mark. out of curiousity i rang holden and they said a genuine ss bar for a vx is $330.. so of coarse i bought it, so id give holden a call if i were you ;) not sure about prices for the vy though :)

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
If you're in Melbourne prices vary from around $160,

Holden VY SS front bumper bar NEW - eBay Bumper Bars, Exterior, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Sep-10 15:31:24 AEST)

Can get 'package deals' with the foglights and grille included for around $350 (in sydney)

VY SS FRONT BUMPER BAR, GRILLE & LIGHTS - VY COMMODORE - eBay Body Kits, Exterior, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Sep-10 18:53:33 AEST)

Theres one in victoria for $157 aswell (just the bumper cover, no grille or fog lights)

New Holden VY SS SV6 SV8 Commodore Front Bumper Bar - eBay Bumper Bars, Exterior, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Sep-10 09:59:15 AEST)

Just type "VY SS front bumper" into ebay's search thingy, gets a few results ;)

Unsure on quality, but hopefully they're not too bad, i'll probably get one soon :p

vysute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 Utility 2004
yea dont worry mate been all over the ebay ones! the only thing i'm trying to find out is the cost of spraying it white and also whether it'll mount up properly@!!!

Mark Nightingale

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HBD
chucked the one i got off of Ebay on today, fit well, a little crooked on the passenger side but thats due to me having a shagged clip behind it which i will be replacing next weekend.... but yeah.. actually fit quiet well.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
i bought aftermarket bonnet, headlights, fog lights and front bar off ebay, i think the bar was 199 off the top of my head, fitted perfect the mechanic said, only thing is headlight seals were a bit loose but just trim em and perfect! never had any problem!

...except my dodge panel beater didnt use right primer so paint flaked off the day after it went on, he painted it with a special primer though for free :)

vysute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 Utility 2004
sweet as boys thanks for the heads up!@ i'll try holden and a wreckers again to see if they have any gennies first but these ebay ones are sounding top!