Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

questions on l67 conversion and more

Elite58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec N/A Auto
Well it has to be a daily driver that is still comfortable to drive but can gun it wen I want it to

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Everyone tells me n/a motors are not strong enough to run high enough boost for it to be worth it I have already spent 10k on my car so I don't want to change to another one and aparently changing everything over to a v8 costs even more then l67 does. I'm not sure if I'd go a v8 I'm off my p plates as of today so that was more why I was staying a v6 what do u need to do to convert to a v8 and what cost and power can u expect from it?

I think you will find dozens of examples on this forum and others where the std ecotechs are running blowers and turbo's with no dramas at all. As a daily driver I couldn't see it as a problem.

Reaper

Last edited:

Elite58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec N/A Auto
Ok next question then does a stroker kit give the necesarry strength upgrades to a na motor to run a super at higher boost?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok next question then does a stroker kit give the necesarry strength upgrades to a na motor to run a super at higher boost?

In itself??? nope. It entirely depends on your selection of components. I think the consensus is that most v6 strokers are not a cost effective upgrade. What sorts of boost are you looking at?

Reaper

Elite58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec N/A Auto
I want it to be really torqey I drove a done up vl turb the other day and loved it so yeah not sure what torq adding a super would do any fill me in on that?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
A well modded L67 is going to have serious traction issues as it is. For a saving of $10000+ the power would be usable on stock capacity. Stroker would be nice though

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i did the conversion in my vs 100% plug and play, i picked up a smashed vs l67 statesman with 126,000ks. full leather interior bigger tank etc. for $2200. :) now i have the motor, trans, leather seats. leather door trims. 80L tank, 126,000 dash cluster :) and other bits and pieces and sold all the other stuff to get some money back.

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
u can find l67's for around 2-3gs! i

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
u can find l67's for around 2-3gs! i

i bought one a few days ago with 110,000 kms, with transmission and all bolt ons for 1500 plus 300 delivery? u just gotta be patient and constantly patrol ebay gum tree and all the other good sites. took me about 4 months to locate this one! also was about ot uy a brand new crate l67 for 3800 with al boltons ... but not transmission.... though this isnt a problem as ill be sticking a T56 behind it, when i have the money!