Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick eBay HID question (sorry)

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I just wanted to know what people think of this HID kit? Does it seem like it might be worth it? Or is it just a cheap imitation? I'd go for the 4300k ones.

MARS Bluepack 12V/24V 50W Full-Digital HID/Xenon H1! - eBay Headlights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Jun-09 21:10:15 AEST)

There are philips ones on there which are like 500 but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing both headlight sets and also spot lights when I get them, so I don't wanna end up paying 1500 for them.

So if these seem like they're decent I might go with them?

Thanks

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Well as they say.. Seems ok and at least there local.. I've dealt (still do) with overseas stuff but if they fail err you have to send the back the failed unit and pay for the return of the replacment ;)

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
i know a few people with then on cars an a set on a wr and crf450

they seem great affter a couple years

but dont forget you get no low beam with this type

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
i know a few people with then on cars an a set on a wr and crf450

they seem great affter a couple years

but dont forget you get no low beam with this type

So this type doesn't slide out further when high beams are turned on like other HID's? Is that just this brand or is it the whole H1 type of HID conversion?...

apology accepted : /

I was only saying sorry because I know there are a lot of HID questions in these forums, but finding them is hard because searching for HID says there are too few characters in your search, add more..

Thanks for the replies :)

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
So this type doesn't slide out further when high beams are turned on like other HID's? Is that just this brand or is it the whole H1 type of HID conversion?...

I was only saying sorry because I know there are a lot of HID questions in these forums, but finding them is hard because searching for HID says there are too few characters in your search, add more..

Thanks for the replies :)

hey mate ive been looking at them for my vr im getting the H4 ones that have low and high beam dont the vts have H4 globs?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
hey mate ive been looking at them for my vr im getting the H4 ones that have low and high beam dont the vts have H4 globs?

yes VT's/VX's are H4 in standard headlights. But I will be putting them into my Altezza headlights, which is H1 for both the low beam (the one in the projector) and H1 for the seperate high beam.

I'm guessing from what HARVZ-6 has said, I'll need to get two conversion kits if I am to have any sort of high beam functionality. Not that big of a deal though I don't think.

My question really is to do with the quality of that particular eBay product. If it's worth me getting that one, or if I should keep looking for a different brand?

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
if you know what youve gotta do to achieve hi/low beam, id get em mate

they seem good from what iv seen, very very similar to a philips series we fit at work