Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick opinion on VZ Exec wheels

Azkatro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi, I've just recently bought a 2005 VZ Exec. Mainly because I've got a baby on the way and I wanted a bigger, more spacious car (had an Astra before which served me very well). Plus I've always wanted a Commodore :)

I've attached a side-on photo and as you can see it's Martini Mica in colour with normal wheel covers. I'm keen on a simple, clean looking alloy and I found the following:

vy-calais-series1-16x7-l.jpg

This is the VY Calais 16" alloy which I think will suit the car without looking too flash. I can get a set of these new with Falken 225/50/VR16 ZE-329 tyres for $1080 all up. Just wanted to get a few thoughts from you guys if you think it will suit the car and if the Falken ZE-329's are a good tyre. Also if they will fit my VZ!

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 531

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i think it will look good, and they will fit. but the price seems a bit steep for 16's to me. ive got a set of vz berlina wheels which are a similar design with near new tyre for sale if your interested.$350

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hmmm... i thought they were vy berlina wheels?
Dont think they would look great.
Tell you what would look good is a set of 17" VZ calais wheels, suit VY/VZ shape down to a t, and dont look over the top!!!!!

VZ-Calais-l.jpg

Azkatro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i think it will look good, and they will fit. but the price seems a bit steep for 16's to me. ive got a set of vz berlina wheels which are a similar design with near new tyre for sale if your interested.$350
Have you got a photo of them? I can't find a good pic of VZ berlina wheels on the net anywhere.

I think the price is probably the tyres largely. If I was to just get the wheels it will be $600 odd and $50 postage. I've done a fair bit of looking around and for brand newies I thought the price wasn't too bad? Yeah they're only 16's but they're not aftermarket either.

Wagon_Wheel said:
Tell you what would look good is a set of 17" VZ calais wheels, suit VY/VZ shape down to a t, and dont look over the top!!!!!
Mate I couldn't agree more, they would be nice. But from where I'm getting the other wheels that lot is about $1400 for just the wheels .. a bit over my price range just at the moment :)

Azkatro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Cheers mate, those photos are brilliant. I find the 5-spokes look so much better, so long as you have the rear spoiler at least. Without that they just make you feel like there's something missing on the car. I can't go tempting myself like that!

Azkatro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I just thought I'd show the "after" photo incase anyone was curious!

Attachments

• n639678131_742009_4809.jpg
    n639678131_742009_4809.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 312