Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick pod question

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Just a quick question.
Would it be possible to use both a pod filter and a cai?
A friend and i were discussing it and would you be able to connect a pod to the standard airbox which the cai flows into?
I have a v6 VS with the super6 cai if that matters

chook231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 UTE
Depens on model (vt of later its possible to use a pod inside the airbox, pre vt dont even bother with the stock airbox-too small).

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i believe HSV use a POd filter in an airbox in there later model cars, i don't know however if that airbox would fit your car. i'd suggest maybe doing as i have done with a shielded pod filter (pic in the thread listed below) and then fit the CAI into the side of the heat shield maybe:thumbsup:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=43728

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Do the Pod for $100 - $120 with a Adaptor,some piping or something down under the Radiator,if you wish with a Guard to prevent Hot Air Being sucked into the Throttle Body, Over the Radiator C.A.I and Pod wont work, twin throttle Body will run 2 pods tho.

More Air is Good for the Engine but 2 much is not,Increasing the Amount of Air Increases a Tunnel Ram Effect into the Inlet Manifold,Reduction in the right amount of Air /Fuel For Combustion within the Cylinder.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I have the panel filter but i was just curious 2 c if it was possible. Its not really sumthing I wld do since it probably wouldnt give me much of a gain

Reaction score
Members Ride
bike :P
i just took off the top of the airbox n sit the pod over it with CAI feeding into it

Centurion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore V6 3.8lt Manual
that does not eliminate heat soak when you stop.

vt1998

Reaction score
I have a pod filter on my car and its extremely noisy

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
i did the same as vp_commo_driver and after a stop and go trip all the way from charlestown i lifted the bonnet to see how much of a difference it made, the engine was hot while the pod was cool sort of temperature not even warm.
i dont think heat soak would effect it that much if you had it far enough away from the engine and as for when you stopped who spends hour after hour waiting at traffic lights?
it would make no significant difference in fuel economy if you idled with warm air coming in by the time it waould make a significant difference in pod temp or fuel economy you would be on the move again and it cool down.