Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick question, insurance write off? question =S

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If the chassis is twisted x amount of degrees or its too much damages to repair then i think that's when they write it off. If you had a good agreed value, I'd commit insurance fraud smash some more **** in, make some more dents and make it a write off :p

Quote fixed.

fatboyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr commodore
you would be stupid if you say anything about committing insurance fraud. there was a guy on here a little while ago that got caught out by posting on here about committing fraud and they wouldn't pay out. don't think they don't know what goes on around here.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
hay all I’ve got a quick question because I’m stressing out, I’ve been in an accident (not my fault!, Holden berlina vy) but I’ve had a car hit my side and run down the whole side, damages are the front bumper knocked off, near side fearing ding about 3 inch in, passenger door dinged about 3 inch deep for about a foot tapering to nothing about half way then scratches from there to the rear bumper.. Cracked side indicator, something wrong with the left steering arm and maybe warped rim... more all less will they fix my girl or write her off?

Depends on your insurance and what the assessor recommends , as for the steering may have just buggered the alignment or balancing . These things are really a hassle mate , hope it works out :)

Low06VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK HSV Grange #120
With AAMI basically the cost of the repairs needs to be 75% of the vehicles insured value before they write it off. The steering issue sounds like they may have damaged the suspension or steering assembly upon impact.

P.S I wouldn't worry to much mate, i totalled the front end of my xr8, and had one side keyed from front to back. The quote only came in at around $3500-$4000 for a full side respray and whole new front end. Yours sounds like only a guard, door, front bumper and a general panel beat and spray job. Maybe a decent check over the front steering to.

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Dont stress about the Rego just being renewed and the loss of 1k or so.

If it is a write off, Take the plates to the RTA and they will reimburse you a % of the Rego fee's you recently paid.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I'd smash some more **** in, make some more dents and make it a write off :p

So you think insurance assessors are so dumb they won't work out this is not damage from the accident? Sad!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
if its ammi they'll fit it. repairable write offs are coming to a close at the end of the year ive been told. which means insurance companies are gearing up to write cars off past 75% damage.

dont expect to be happy with the repairs though. they give the job to the body shop that quotes the lowest, then that shop will cut a gang of corners to try and make money on it. i see alot of bog in your cars future... the shop i work at goes to ammi and quotes 10 cars and only wins 2 out of that, because body shops are cutting each others throats to win jobs.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
if its ammi they'll fit it. repairable write offs are coming to a close at the end of the year ive been told. which means insurance companies are gearing up to write cars off past 75% damage.

dont expect to be happy with the repairs though. they give the job to the body shop that quotes the lowest, then that shop will cut a gang of corners to try and make money on it. i see alot of bog in your cars future... the shop i work at goes to ammi and quotes 10 cars and only wins 2 out of that, because body shops are cutting each others throats to win jobs.

Not always the truth.
When I got my car damaged I told the company where I wanted the repairs done. And thats where it got taken. This place is also the most expensive in thos area.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Not always the truth.
When I got my car damaged I told the company where I wanted the repairs done. And thats where it got taken. This place is also the most expensive in thos area.

ammi dosent have choice of repairer unless youve worked something out extra with your policy or something. shannons has choice of repairer thats why i use them. what insurance did you have when you took it were you wanted?