Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick question regarding fine

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
hey guys, i have received an infringment notice that has part of my name correct but the rest is wrong. by saying this i mean example: surname stated on fine JOHDAY, my actual surname is JOHNSON (this is an example name only) It has my licence number on it, no details of vehicle being driven at all. Now I am wondering if i have to pay this or what?????

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Nope. I got an infringement notice friday night HANDED to me by TMU for driving a V8, they put the wrong date on it. Got off on a technicality.

Yours is even more rooted, just send a copy of it into wherever you need to with a latter and they will let you off. The details aren't correct, and now they won't be able to prove anything much because it happened in the past, doesn't have your correct details on it, and is no longer a legal binding document due to the details being incorrect.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
lol oh no...wait for all the ones to come on saying you should pay the fine anyway rar raar rar lol

I'd be surprised if you still had to pay it.

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
What was the ticket for anyway? Was it handed to you, or in the mail?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Dang it! I got a defect a few months back on the VB....went to clear it an hour and a half later and the cop noticed the defect notice wasn't signed at the bottom by the cop who defected me, he forgot too. Awe well....was only for a few minor things....atleast it made me finally look for a battery clamp lol.

So any errors on that stuff means ya can get off of it hey? I even had a fine a few months back and the due date which was written down was the date I got it. I went to pay it and the post office lady said she can't process it coz it's obviously wrong. I went to the cop shop, a cop changed a 6 to a 7 and said it's all good.

Atleast I'll know for next time.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Lucky boys, two stuff ups in the past week posted on JC. Victorian cops are slipping.

Hahahaha, yep, Victoria sucks. Even the cops are getting lazy lol.

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
i originally got it handed to me by TMU, then i forgot about it, anyway got the reminder today which is the one im talking about, the details were right on the original form but looks like when it was entered into a computer or whatever they misread it.

By the way it was for speeding (i know i shouldnt do it so i dont very often)