Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick Redline Ute Question

Gibbsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing yet
Hi guys.

Looking at buying a redline ute thats only got FE2 suspension on the build plate. Do they have any other extras apart from the brembos and wheels? Just wondering if I would be better trying to find something cheaper and fit them myself if thats all it has. I'm assuming the would be at least $2000 in parts for that.

He's asking $30K.

Been lurking here for a while learning as much as I can. Hopefully I might be around a bit more with a new car.

Thanks.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Your correct in that the Redline only has wheels and bigger brakes over the SSV, however it is very worth it IMO for the brakes alone.

I payed $35k for my 2011 SSV ute just over a year ago, if I was able to afford a Redline I would have. Most people end up putting a Brembo brake upgrade on their cars anyway.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Yeah that's all the extras with the ute.
The sedan comes with a sunroof and better sound system.

How many Kms has it got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
i payed 31k for mine 11/2010 redline ute with 46000 7months ago

Gibbsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing yet
Just over 40000km. I believe it's a 2010 model, not sure of the my number though. I'll have a look next time I see it.

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Just hit him real low like $25k the he will say no 29 them meet in the middle at 27,5 or 28 then you will get it for the right price like mine I saw the car in the yard on a Friday for $40k then whent back to buy it on the Monday for I thought around 35k but they had already reduced it to that so I asked if they could do 29 and they came back with 31 an this is all with a trade in as well in witch they gave me 4k more than what the last dealer offered my

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
I got a 2011 ve ssv redline in the altogrey.. with the fe2 . Brakes are awesome. leather.. good system... Go the redline... bit more unique and will hold its value imho

I did a trade in, I traded a vy one tonner v8. with 160kms.... Pretty ****... and paid only $$23,000 for a redline with 40,000kms. I definatley got a steal thats for sure!

If no trade I would of got it for $32k . I love it!!!!!