Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick stomp throttle mod

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Has anyone heard of a "quick stomp throttle mod" and if so could you shed some light on what is does, how to do it and so on? Cheers..

jughead1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
I believe this mod is especially for motorcycles. Shortens the turn required to go from closed to fully open throttle.

In a car I suppose the effect would be going from closed throttle to fully open with only a small press of the accelerator pedal. You would have to have VERY fine foot control!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Or "quick action throttle". It's only for motor bikes as said above. Robby Moto QUICK ACTION THROTTLE SET - MOTOSPARES
I would be impractical to have it on a car (possibly illegal) and down right dangerous.
Imagine pressing the pedal a quarter way and having wide open throttle.

vncruzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
Agree...down right deadly coming out of a corner in the wet...reason for asking, i saw a clubsport forsale on gumtree in perth that said it had this mod done...

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Theyre only used on bikes to shorten the travel, not for quick action. Keeps your wrist straighter and your elbow more upright when youre into it.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Changing the position of the cable pick up or the shape of the cam that directs the cable run on the TB would do it. That might also need the pivot or stop (reducing total travel for the latter) altered to match at the pedal. It would depend upon where the pivot on the TB was placed.

Changing the TB for a larger one (or removing the lump from an Ecotech TB) has/would have the same effect.

It's down to personal preference for pedal to throttle position relationship I think.