Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quickest and fastest stock 5L ??

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
grrrrrr 6am, that was a struggle. Never again will I make such long headers that can't come off the car without being cut off. Now I'm half a day behind schedule because I've got to sleep

HtrainLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS(race car), Vr Executive, VN monaro race car
Thought i'd just throw this up hear. We put the cam in and tried to make it run with greenfoam's tune but it wasn't leaving the line right so I bought a dual plane manifold from torque power only to find out i should of got a single plane manifold but i'm not reving it past 6500 on the run which is what thye say the manifold runs out of puff at. I put a MSD 6Al-2 into it with the rev limiter set at 7000 rpm. We have a 650 double pumper with four corner idle and a 650 Vac Sec. The car ran abit better with the vac sec because the double pumper was just making it to rich off the line.

Also we found after putting the cam in the car because it lost bottom end the converter went from being a 3000 stall converter with the stock setup to a 2800 stall converter so we orded a 4000 stall converter to get it into the power band and leave the line. We're now putting the 650 double pumper back on as now it should work better being up in the rev range and putting supports in the rear trailing arms so they do not fold up on the launch.

I haven't been on in awhile due to work and holiday's and working on the car to get it to go that little bit faster also i am building a new full chassis car that will be kept a secret till a later date futher on in the build. Then i will spill. Only hint is that it's a VN but not like one anyone has ever seen before

Htrain

DeViLisanAnGeL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5L - 12.6@108 stock bottom end & comp
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody knows anyone who has run a 12 on a standard bottom end with standard compression?
I think it wouldn't be all that hard to do it if you shaved the heads to up the comp to mid 9's, but anyone done it on stock 8.4:1?

I came close in my VQ the other week - 13.04@107mph, 1.90 60ft

HtrainLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS(race car), Vr Executive, VN monaro race car
Hi all,
Just wondering if anybody knows anyone who has run a 12 on a standard bottom end with standard compression?
I think it wouldn't be all that hard to do it if you shaved the heads to up the comp to mid 9's, but anyone done it on stock 8.4:1?

I came close in my VQ the other week - 13.04@107mph, 1.90 60ft

Hey mate been awhile since i've been on here. I've got stock bottom end and heads and i've gotten mine down to a 12.46 @ 108.9 mph at best and i have a torque power dual plane manifold and a 650 double pumper carby on it now alot easier and cheaper to tune

DeViLisanAnGeL

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah sweet good to know someone pushing the boundaries.
have checked my tune and its quite rich in the mid range (haven't had a good look but wideband says around 10.5-11:1 in the mid range)
my mph isn't far off, but weight is the killer for me with the VQ :(
with a tun tweak there's a 12 in it for sure, but i think 12.9 would be about it :(

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
have checked my tune and its quite rich in the mid range (haven't had a good look but wideband says around 10.5-11:1 in the mid range)

thats way to rich for a n/a setup. 12.5:1 is as rich as you wanna go, otherwise your just wasting fuel and loosing a small amount of power. the only time you would go that rich is if you like doing lots of burnouts and your using the fuel to keep things cool

DeViLisanAnGeL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bit of an update on this, ran a [email protected], 1.80 60ft at calder last night.

Put a 4000rpm convertor in the car a few months back, then got the tune leaned out a little bit, ended up being about 12.0:1 i think. Could go a little leaner.

Still running 15" full street tyres, not slicks or drag radials or anything. :)

If the heads were decked and a decent size stick was put in it, i reckon i could take your SS HTrain :)

In a lightweight VN it'd **** it in :p

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
1.8 60ft good time on street tyres what time and speed ya getting at half track cheers