Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

R.I.P My VT :(

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Mumboman I feel for you bud. Like everyone has said at least you all good.

As for Keepleft you really need to get over yourself champ. There are situations that come to life that no one as control over, that includes yourself too.
My VT was a mess after my wife was smashed from behind and then hit the car infront. I got blamed for the accident due to being the piggy in the middle. Now other then the missus watching the mirror like a hawk and predicting what was about to happen she had no control over the situation.

Sounds nasty INNAWE, glad she's alright after being hit in the rear, shame you copped the blame for being in the middle of it all??

Freeway? Rain et al?

Can't win eh?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Most people will try to blame external factors when they have a bingle, weather, oil, what the other driver did etc. It's a pretty standard reaction.

Fact is that while you can point the finger and this and that, there will pretty much always be things you can do as the driver to mitigate the risks. Driving in inherently risky, part of being a responsible driver is keeping tabs on the potential risks.

I'm with Minux, I'd be suspecting crap tyres rather than oil. At low speeds those auto boxes are known for downshifting in such a way that can cause you to come unstuck quite easy.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
looks like very slick/crap bit of road. damage doesn't actually look to bad. i've seen worse repaired and yet seen cars with less damage written off. all depends on what the car was insured for.

don't feel bad mate, i've had a commodore swing out on me with only minimal throttle going no more then 20km/h around corner because of a slick road. fortunatly i caught it

My VT was a mess after my wife was smashed from behind and then hit the car infront. I got blamed for the accident due to being the piggy in the middle. Now other then the missus watching the mirror like a hawk and predicting what was about to happen she had no control over the situation.

the copper shoulda asked the guy in front if he was hit once or twice. hit once or single impact clearly points to you been pushed into the car in front. hit twice indicates you hit him and then the guy behind you also ploughed in.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
thatll buff right out :) it looked really clean dude. pity

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
The damage looks consistent with a 30-40 kmph impact. The only reason it might seem a little harder is the way it went into the wall. If it were straight into a wall it might have been better, but that dip didn't do you any favours.

It's fixable, but insurance would write it off.

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
Glad to hear you got out with no injuries dude! , sure it's sad to see the car in that state.. But, you are more important to people, then the car :)

(Not being Mean tho lol)

Keep ya chin! And' hopefully you'll get a better car, or the same again :D

Take it easy champ!

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
She looks better then I was thinking but she's still stuffed only you know what happend and no one else on here was there so block out the dribble and move on so where you insured???

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Is the car really a write off? My insurance company repaired my VN after damage that was much worse.

With a big of luck they'll fix it up!

Good luck with it.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
The damage looks consistent with a 30-40 kmph impact.

Except airbags don't deploy unless you're doing at least 40km/h at the time of impact...

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Except airbags don't deploy unless you're doing at least 40km/h at the time of impact...
Which is consistent with a 30 to 40 kmph impact:D.

Haven't you ever been hit in one of these head on at the lights ?. They deploy i'm sure of it.