Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Race car rolls into crowd at Qr

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
now on tickets sold it stats basicly that racing is risky and your safty is your problem

Has been the case at most race tracks for a long time now. This crash is nothing new. ZOMG a car out of control at a racetrack! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!

They're really makingg a big deal over nothing. Had someone died, sure. As it is, it's no big deal.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
now on tickets sold it stats basicly that racing is risky and your safty is your problem

I have been going to motoring events for years. Disclaimers warning motor sport is dangerous and that you are there at your own risk have been on the back of tickets for some time. Nothing new.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
I have been going to motoring events for years. Disclaimers warning motor sport is dangerous and that you are there at your own risk have been on the back of tickets for some time. Nothing new.

Thats right,for a bloody long time.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
Most exciting thing to happen in v8 supercars in years!!!

too right, god that racing is boring. too boring.

race cars should be ditched for road going cars like in the (g)olden days, gives a reason for local manufacturers to actually build cars that can go around corners.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
This is going to sound insane to some, but safety, rules and regulations are spoiling car racing. As Old Mate says, bring back the golden days when the cars out on the track were built uniquely, not like today when they must conform to a set of rules so all cars on the track are the same pretty much, except for the paintwork. There was much more action and skill involved in getting your beast across the line last century.

I look at it that if you drive a race car for a living you know there is a high risk of being injured or dying during a race. Today they keep attempting to make everything safer, but this is making the racing boring. Take turn 8 at Clipsal here in Adelaide. Very popular corner to pay for seating as the cars used to go into it very fast at the end of the straight. Sadly there was a death a couple of years ago that has resulted in the corner being made slower. Why I ask? Wonder if one day they will start initiating speed limits during races!

Last edited:

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
cheers sashyre for expanding on my comment, i really couldn't be stuffed writing an essay with one hand haha but summed it up perfectly.

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
^^^ wow, awkward

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I've watched the footage several times and it doesn't give much away as to HOW that car ended up on its roof by the end of a straight??

Freak accident, very lucky nobody was killed but they may want to reconsider the safety fencing in that area.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Most exciting thing to happen in v8 supercars in years!!!

I was at Sunday's race by far the most exciting moment of the actual V8 Supercar race was the first turn, the remaining laps were just a great big procession of loud cars with pretty paint work. Gone are the days of side by side action down the main straight, three wide into corners, etc... Props to the support races that actually make the event worth going to (I got the tickets free anyways).

Can't agree with Sashyer's post any more; safety, rules and regulations have ruined it. Motor racing is dangerous people that's what the spectacle of it is...