Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator/ condenser fins cleaning.

Kulwinder

Kulwinder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Hi every one.
Have you ever cleaned fins. Condenser of my both cars are realy black with rod grim and full with bugs.
Can't clean with water or. Don't want to bend fins so wont wipe or jet wash.
I have seen this video on you tube. This guy used some "COIL CLEANER".
THE BEST NO SCRUBBING ATV Dirtbike Radiator cleaning Suzuki LTR 450 - YouTube
But don't know where can I buy this cleaner. I asked in supercheap auto, bunnings. But they have no idea about this. Do you know where can I find this. Or if you know some thing like this please suggest.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Get a product called "Shift It", spray the condenser, allow 5 minutes and spray again. Hose off with a garden hose, no high pressure. Most if not all of the dirt etc will be gone. If not all gone, spray with "Shift It" again and allow to soak for 10 minutes and give another light spray then wash off again. I get good results with this product most of the time. It is not a degreaser but removes most dirt and grime.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
You've got to be careful with radiator cooling fins they don't react to the alkalinity of the product you're using.
Don't leave it on too long.

Trouble with dead bugs is they bake and set like concrete. If you keep them damp for a time (an hour or so) with plain water or standard car wash they revert to sludge and you can usually hose most of them off.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
.......or blow them out, if you have an air compressor.