Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radiator outlet pipe o'ring replacement

Fergie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV RL Sedan, 2016 SSV RL Wagon
VF S1 ss, with OTR.

On the bottom of the radiator (outlet pipe) there is an extension of plastic pipe that has an orange o'ring, mine has a leak. Can you get just the o'ring, if so, what the size of it? Or is it buy the whole extension piece from Holden?

FYI - the bottom hose clamp has rubbed against the cross member (OTR tilts top of radiator back), which may have accelerated the o'ring wear, plus removing hose to do engine mounts.

Thanks

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I have a 2012 Calais Wagon with a L77,
And noticed the exact same thing some time ago, and pulled the fans out and re-positioned the hose clip.

As for the O-ring, it should be available, If not, possibly a after market one should be available.
See if you can get some dimensions, and ring around.

Last edited:

Wheels113

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore
Hi guys, did you end up getting a part number for the O-ring as mine has done the same and dropped all its coolant when installing an OTR. Or did you just find a generic one?

Wheels113

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore
I have a 2012 Calais Wagon with a L77,
And noticed t he exact same thing some time ago, and pulled the fans out and re-positioned the hose clip.

As for the O-ring, it should be available, If not, possibly a after market one should be available.
See if you can get some dimensions, and ring around.
Hi guys, did you end up getting a part number for the O-ring as mine has done the same and dropped all its coolant when installing an OTR. Or did you just find a generic one?

Wheels113

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore
VF S1 ss, with OTR.

On the bottom of the radiator (outlet pipe) there is an extension of plastic pipe that has an orange o'ring, mine has a leak. Can you get just the o'ring, if so, what the size of it? Or is it buy the whole extension piece from Holden?

FYI - the bottom hose clamp has rubbed against the cross member (OTR tilts top of radiator back), which may have accelerated the o'ring wear, plus removing hose to do engine mounts.

Thanks

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
The plastic inlet with o ring is about $50 genuine from holden. Not sure if the O ring is sold separately

I also found the hose clamp was touching the crossmember with OTR install.

Make sure you rotate the clamp when you do this so it clears the crossmember