Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Controls To Suit S/wheel Of Vr-vs S/man / Calais

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
Hi All,

Do the RADIO CONTROLS TO SUIT S/WHEEL OF VR-VS S/MAN / CALAIS work in a VS Series 2 Berlina?

Does the loom connect under the Air Bag/Horn pad?

Thx for the feedback :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If those connections are there then it would only work with the factory Statesman or Calais head unit.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
If those connections are there then it would only work with the factory Statesman or Calais head unit.

I found out from the hard way,Install the buttons,Yeah ,there is a plug under the pad BUT (My 97 equipe II) didnt have the Radio Remote Module (mounted under the BCM behinde the fuse box) so i bought one,oopps now need a loom (dont even know how to modify it).Few months ago i've asked for help for couple of weeks,lots of talk but no action so i gave up.I wish you better luck.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I upgraded mine about 4 years ago to Calais (not Statesman as the Stato radio doesn't have a clock in it).
Bought the radio(with code) and steering wheel controls from a wrecker and the control module brand new from Holden.
Just followed the wiring diagram in the Gregory's to splice in the right wires and bingo.
With the radio you can just plug straight in and use existing aerial controls if you have them or rewire the plug, removing the aerial control wires from the separate switches and running them up to the plug.
With the Steerwheel control there is an extra wire that need to be wired into the plug from the control.
I'm no auto electrician (actually a plumber) and I did it just following the Gregory's wiring diagram.
If you can't do it surely you know someone who can do or help you do it.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
Sorry to Hijak, but is there many aftermarket radio.cd's that you can hook up to the steering wheel controls?

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
I upgraded mine about 4 years ago to Calais (not Statesman as the Stato radio doesn't have a clock in it).
Bought the radio(with code) and steering wheel controls from a wrecker and the control module brand new from Holden.
Just followed the wiring diagram in the Gregory's to splice in the right wires and bingo.
With the radio you can just plug straight in and use existing aerial controls if you have them or rewire the plug, removing the aerial control wires from the separate switches and running them up to the plug.
With the Steerwheel control there is an extra wire that need to be wired into the plug from the control.
I'm no auto electrician (actually a plumber) and I did it just following the Gregory's wiring diagram.
If you can't do it surely you know someone who can do or help you do it.

Is it possible to post that diagram?Even hand drawing will do :cry: .