Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Fuse Keeps Blowing!!!

boohsv

boohsv
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore Berlina
Can someone please help?? My radio Fuse keeps blowing,,it just happened one day out of the blue. Ive disconnected the radio and speakers but it still blew the fuse. I went out and bought myself a 12 volt test light,,went though all the fuses in the fuse box and the light dropped out on pulling out the MAIN F/L 60A FUSE.What does this mean and how can i fix it myself?

VTLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 LS1 -VX S2 SS LS1
check all the earth connections

boohsv

boohsv
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore Berlina
Sorry dont know much about engines, where do i find the earth connections?

tripletsdad

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt commodore
clean the earth lead on ya battery there is also an earth wire of ya water pump and 1 on ya drivers side strut housing try those clean them good worked for me today at tafe had stray voltage cleaned them up good and fixed my problem

boohsv

boohsv
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore Berlina
Thanks for the reply.Im guessing the earth is the ground connections? Where exactly do i find these connections and how do clean?Thanks.

tripletsdad

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt commodore
EMERY PAPER clean ya battery terminals too the earth wire is the ground with out it nothing will work or wont work properly i will go check the color of the wires if i can find my torch n let ya know

boohsv

boohsv
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore Berlina
My terminals look ok and my negative is new so i doubt it could be that. I have no idea where else to look.cheers

dunky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina V6
When a fuse keeps blowing it means the power lead is shorting out to earth somewhere in that circuit. I'd suggest perhaps the active wire has rubbed through the insulation and you have a bare wire touching the bodywork. Unless your experienced in chasing electrical fauls, it looks like a job for an auto electrician