Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Interfrence with Rear Demister

J

jetpilot83

If I tune 101.7 FM, one of Perth's leading radio stations then turn the rear demister on there seems to be interference, anyway know why? How can the problem be rectified?

P

Pistol

couldnt say for sure but the window heater would be creating electrical interference but never heard of it messing with the radio, especially on a specific frequency.. but ive heard of a similar fault with the engine itself interfearing with the radio and there was a product you could by (from supercheap or repco for example) that would stop it, but no idea wat it was or how i worked. Id say go in and hit them up about it, if theres something to stop engine interference it may work on this.

P

Pistol

actually, thinking about it, if you have an electric ariel button its right next to the rear demister button so the problem could be in there.. the switch can be taken off and pulled apart pretty easily

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
the thing pistol was talking about is a noise supressor. i used to get noise like that through my datsun radio when the rdem was working. never beena problem with the vl though....

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
aftermarket radio - maybe you are borrowing power from the same circuit as the rear demist. My radio runs from the battery but runs past and is wrapped around lots of wires in the engine bay. When my headlights are on it makes a little wine from radio, its just induced currents from alternator inducing noice (electrical interferance) into a circuit that runs near it. If you hate it that much, run something thick around the power wires to the battery to protect them more. Co-axial cable uses the theory that if you shield it enough, it cant be interfered with.