Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio off/door open prob

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Ive always had my settings to ''radio off/door open' after ignition key out.

Lately the radio occasionally stays on when ignition is turned off and drivers door opened, OK it bugged me for a while....but now when it happens I just press the button manually.....but then after doing this...it will ''occasionally'' keep radio and dashboard lights on once the doors shut & locked....not always, just occasionally....the bitch has a mind of her own.
When this happens I have to unlock the door, open it...and the dash lights ''might'' go out...if the bitch feels like it....if not I have to shut door, lock again, peer in....if lights are out, sweet...if not gotta do the whole ####in routine again.....went thru this **** 5 times the other night

The computer doesmy head in....every time I go in there I sometimes fix whatI want but usually #### something else up....im pre computer vinatge = old fart nearly fifty and prone to smashing things when i get the shits

Any Ideas?

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
how old is your battery, it seems to be a trend, **** battery = glitches.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hmmm...its original.....'09, about 4 years old

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
As an electrician, I dont agree with the theory, but it seems the ecm gets all hissy and wants to piss you off for no other reason than you have a **** battery.
Like Ive seen in a few other threads, buy/borrow new battery. BTW, battrey replacement isnt were your wanna be Jewish.

PS: fake edit, I love all races, Jews included.

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore
What causes the radio to stay on is the door actuator playing up. The earthing point is in the actuator and it doesn't sence that the door has opened so it doesn't turn the radio off. If you replace the door actuator it will fix it. :) I've most probably replaced 5 or so actuators and it has fixed the issue everytime.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
What causes the radio to stay on is the door actuator playing up. The earthing point is in the actuator and it doesn't sence that the door has opened so it doesn't turn the radio off. If you replace the door actuator it will fix it. :) I've most probably replaced 5 or so actuators and it has fixed the issue everytime.

Thanx.
What would I be lookin at $$$ wise parts and labour approx getting this done by someone with a clue, unlike me?

clamo4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International
Thanx.
What would I be lookin at $$$ wise parts and labour approx getting this done by someone with a clue, unlike me?

I'm having the same problem with radio not turning off. Ink, did you replace the battery in the end or the door lock actuator?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
poor battery performance in the power hungry VE causes all sorts of glitches, I'd also have a good look at door actuator

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mine does the same thing . I have to flick the door actuator a couple of times with my key . Getting mine replaced under warranty

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
google actuator change on here there is a step by step and I have seen a utube video of it, not that hard