Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio off/door open prob

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I think the part has 12 months warranty from purchase.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
If I have a part that was fitted under new car warranty within 2y/50k but the car is now out of warranty, I claim it anyway. Parts are warranted for 2y/50k regardless of new vehicle warranty status. If a dealership fitted the part, it's parts and labour, if you buy the part over the counter (or fitted at a non-dealership mechanic) then you're on your own for fitment costs.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
If I have a part that was fitted under new car warranty within 2y/50k but the car is now out of warranty, I claim it anyway. Parts are warranted for 2y/50k regardless of new vehicle warranty status. If a dealership fitted the part, it's parts and labour, if you buy the part over the counter (or fitted at a non-dealership mechanic) then you're on your own for fitment costs.

OK thanks, but my car is at 180ish and the replacement was under new vehicle warranty (<100k km). Yeah sucks and is obviously a recall issue IMO. Happy to take a principled stand and whine but seems each individual part replaced under warranty is only good for 50k km. despite there being no defined correlation between km travelled and door opening?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for the info guys:beer chug:

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Yeah sucks and is obviously a recall issue IMO.

Not a recall issue as there's no safety implications. If there was a recall every time a "known problem" was found then there's be no car manufacturers left - they'd all be broke or cars would be twice the price they are now.

despite there being no defined correlation between km travelled and door opening?
Yes and no. It could be argued that the more you're driving it, the more you're getting in and out of it. Or that the more driving, the more vibrations go through the component. At any rate, there has to be a cutoff point.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Got mine booked in to be fixed tomorrow.