Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio off/door open prob

Camacho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Commodore Series 2 Sedan
Exact same issue here for about a week now. Drives me insane, sometimes it works no problem and console screen and radio turn off, sometimes nothing when opening the door.

Yesterday, had to open and close the door about 25 times to get it to shut down.

Looks awesome in the car park, funking your door back and forth COD-esque :lock:
I started making yelping sounds because a guy kept looking at me so stupid, I could not resist the temptation to keep looking back at him while performing the door samba, yelping!

Had no time to get someone to look at it yet. Will let you know what mine was all about.

Make sure you check every time you leave the car for long, especially overnight, or you might be in for a taxi ride. Good luck with yours, OP!

Camacho

Camacho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 Commodore Series 2 Sedan
It was the door actuator for me,

Replaced free of charge under new car warranty.

Camacho

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
seems to be a fairly common problem

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
It must be a common problem, as when I had this happen to me the local holden technician was able to diagnose it over the phone when I described the problem to him.
Previous experience has been the dealer technicians don't know the difference between the steering wheel and the spare wheel.

Tony.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
^^^^^^^^
Same here told me on the phone.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
Sorry for the thread dig. This is happening to me now such a stuff around, i think everytime i fiddle with the door handle and actuator it feels like im breaking it even more ... so i got it booked in for monday. Just curious, for those who have had it replace by holden.. how long did it take them to repair it? a day or did you have to wait for the part to get ordered in etc.

Cheers
Tommy

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Sorry for the thread dig. This is happening to me now such a stuff around, i think everytime i fiddle with the door handle and actuator it feels like im breaking it even more ... so i got it booked in for monday. Just curious, for those who have had it replace by holden.. how long did it take them to repair it? a day or did you have to wait for the part to get ordered in etc.

Cheers
Tommy
its an easy repair mate, you can do it yourself in less than an hour.
The part cost me $220 from memory.

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
I can't remember how much the part was, but it was in stock at the local holden dealer and less than an hour to replace.

Tony.