Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio on/off by ignition

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I would have thought the 'latch' is the catch or lock mechanism. Thats the bit that holds the door closed!

I got the WD40 nozzle extension ready like the pointy end of a sword, fixin t'spray a barrel o' bilge at t' mutinous black spot ... But don't feel right hoistin' the Jolly Roger and sprayin' a load in the wrong hole. Ahoy!

Shiver me timbers, a bottle of rum for a map of her nether regions! Looks like I'll surrender her t' th' pitiful rogues aboard the stealership.

eggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
I'm having this problem too.
Turn off ignition, radio still plays.... open door but doesnt turn off...

Can i just take my car to any Holden dealer and get it fixed for free under warranty? Ive got a 2010 VE Sv6.

cheers

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes mate, that's what I ended up doing. Common fault. Doesn't bode well for longevity of the switch part, seems like a fault of a third party manufacturer.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Meantime once you take the key out of ignition and opened the door, the latch is like a tumbler that rolls over the loop attached to the solid post of the car.
With the ignition key in a horizontal position in your hand, and pointy end facing forward, use the fat side of the key to push / roll the tumbler latch in the door closed, then use the normal handle inside the door opener to tumble it back to the open position again.
You could use a pen or a stick but you have the key in your hand at that point anyways.
This cycle will toggle the internal microswitch properly, you may need to repeat this a couple of time until the radio goes off, and makes better sense than calling the same local NRMA bloke every day with a flat battery in the meantime before warranty repair.

eggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Thanks for the replies. i'll book her in.

V

VU-Dan

- Turn off ignition, radio still plays.... open door and it turns off
- Turn off ignition, radio still plays.... open door but doesnt turn off...
- open door, close door, open door again and it turns off
- open door, close door x10 but still doesnt turn off

the above are the different scenario's im getting... there doesnt seem to be a pattern.

Same issue, it's been slowly getting worse too I think.
Got home tonight though, parked in the garage, tried it about x10 and it wouldn't turn off. Started it up, reversed outside, tried again and it turned off. Drove back in the garage, tried again ...WOULDN'T TURN OFF! :realangry

Think you guys are right though it must be an issue with the latch/door switch.