Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio wont turn off

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I’ve done over 300k km in my daily, replaced drivers door switch twice until I realised that it wasn’t broken just stuck.
So if you have the time to keep working the latch manually until the switch trips then after a few days (weeks?) it will free itself up.
Had a similar problem with the boot light not coming on , i sprayed the latch with contact cleaner and it eventually came good

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I’ve done over 300k km in my daily, replaced drivers door switch twice until I realised that it wasn’t broken just stuck.
So if you have the time to keep working the latch manually until the switch trips then after a few days (weeks?) it will free itself up.
I tried all of that, it definitely wasn't stuck. I assume the micro switch was intermittent, and then failed completely.

I've had the latch assy. in bits, nothing wrong with it mechanically.

SMWALKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice PPV 6.0
Do you mean the white micro switch with the markings:
1A

no, that micro switch is for when you use the key to unlock your door it sends the lock/unlock signal to the motors to actuate the locks.

The switch we are after is actually below that switch. The whole frame with the contacts and switches comes out in one part once you remove that one top arm and then there is one torx screw holding it in.