Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radius rod to chassis bush

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
yesterday i got the adjustable Nolathane radius rod to chassis bush's put on the replace the "old n busted" crappy factory ones.
i wasnt sure how much difference it would make before i got it back, but i can say now that its well worth it.
the cars feels heeps more stable in the front, breaking is more direct and it feels the way a lowered car should feel.
i also replaced the old Oxygen sensors and will be keeping an eye on the fuel consumption over the next month to see if they realy do make a difference too.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
my bushes need replacing in the front somewhere.. under heavy turning i can hear a ding.. anywayz my question is how much did they slug u for the job including parts and labour?

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
i think the ones i got replaced retail for about $190. and take less than an hour to put in you also need to get a wheel alignment done at the same time.
so i guess it depends where you go.
i work for repco so i got staff price on the parts and mates rates on the labour so id rather not piss people off by saying how much it cost me.

i think most tyre places will give you a free quote on what needs fixing. in most cases (almost all) these factory bushes have failed and were a bad design from the begining.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
bushes are like $1.90 not $190

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
sorry mate but the radius rod to chassis bush part number:48166 is about $190.00 from nolathane
the radius rod to control arm part number:48019 is about $40
and the sway bar link set with the replacment link rod: 42997A, is about $40 also.

but good luck with that...

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
Im currently working on the front/rear suspension and done brakes I can tell you its alot of money to spend but its well worth it. So far I have done four slotted drilled rotors, heavy duty pads, Pedders sports ryder front struts and springs (rear is being done next week), link pin bushes, adjustable castor bushes, camber kit on the rear end, bumpstops and a few other things by all god it drives so much better now :)