Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Raising the car...

gavanchua

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim V6
Well i know by posting this i'm pretty sure most would disagree with doing so but instead suggest to lower it more, but i don't want a lowered ride.

But how do i do that? Or is there any replacement springs which i could get to make the whole car higher?

Thanks.

V8Silverfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SS A4
Depending on the model you can get raised springs. You'll have to check with the spring manufacturers. King Springs (www.kingsprings.com.au) have the KHFR-19 which is a raised spring for the VR. Be aware that (unless your current springs are completely shagged) your car handling will suffer.

If your VR is currently lowered (and you want to return the car to the original height) then you can get the standard height springs.

gavanchua

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim V6
I think they are stock springs and it's kinda sagged already i reckon. I sometimes hit the driveway curb with my exhaust tip. :(

Here is a photo parked on a slightly slopped driveway. It slopes towards the garage.
35981_414843712786_626252786_4741449_5842687_n.jpg

gavanchua

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim V6
Okie, i've read the catalogue and found that there is raised springs for the VR IRS.

FRONT : KHFR-19
REAR : KHRS-45

has anyone used this springs before? Does the shock needs replacement with this springs?

Thanks.

VS 666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim
my mates vs has like some country suspension pack... its no joke... about 20cm higher than my vs on ultra lows

gavanchua

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim V6
my mates vs has like some country suspension pack... its no joke... about 20cm higher than my vs on ultra lows

Yeah was thinking of something like that. I know my mates commodore has ultra lows in them as well i think, can't even get a bloody jack under it. and it's running 17's. :hmmm:

gavanchua

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim V6
Okie i've just got a quote from a dealer near my place via Email. I would not need to change the shocks to a longer stroke ones unless the shocks are worn out. It's a direct replacement of for the springs set.

All here is quoted in AUS Dollars. (Listed Price/Unit Price)

Front 30mm raised springs - (175.00/148.75)
Rear 30mm raised springs(IRS) - (196.00/166.60) [Live Axle's springs are cheaper compared to the IRS]
Front Wheel Allignment - 50.00

Suspension Labour - 230.00

Now he did mentioned over the phone that if the cambers are out once raised 30mm's i would need to install in a IRS adjusting kit...

GMH-R/IRS ADJUSTING KIT - (263.08/-)

Suspension Labour - 300.00

Rear Wheel Allignment -50.00

Do you think that is about right? Cause i've got no idea and i've not gotten a reply from kingsprings yet as i'm thinking i might wanna buy directly from them. might get a better deal out of it and looking at the quotes, it's quite high isn't it?

Oh yeah, i also just got myself slotted rotors for the front today with new brake pads. I guess i'd be installing them soon once my current pads wears out as the disc is kinda screwed already.