Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Random question, cold ar pushed into air intake increase horsepower... ??

vsv6dude

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 wagon
Moderators time has come to lock this thread.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
It wasn't that bad, my dad who has been working on bikes and cars since he was 6 since and he his dad that raced morris minors and such for years (recently retired) and has also had forced induction cars since he was 17 wondered the exact same thing today.

10341274.jpg

the relationship between pressure and volume is what needs to be understood in this situation.

slightly on the topic though, many road motorcycles use a form of 'ram air' which is pressurizing the airbox when travelling at high speed to get more powerz.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You arent going to be able to have any kind of compressor. A 12v compressor cant produce enough air to pump up a tyre in 60 seconds. A 240V one can do a bit better, but not enough to make any difference either. And you are going to need a long extension cord. A petrol or diesel compressor running on your back seat maybe? You might get 8cfm out of that and still fit it in your car. Seriously doubt if it would have any effect at all, apart from having an engine running on your back seat.

The compressed air from tank idea cant work because even a 200litre tank would be gone in seconds if used in sufficient quantity to make any difference at all. Other additives or gases though... maybe a whole different ball game..

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
10341274.jpg

the relationship between pressure and volume is what needs to be understood in this situation.

slightly on the topic though, many road motorcycles use a form of 'ram air' which is pressurizing the airbox when travelling at high speed to get more powerz.

Yep that makes sense. A poor mans turbo, air pressure is higher than atmospheric pressure at speed. Added benefit of no moving parts.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
As you will notice I claimed to not understand fully. It was just a suggestion to gain this knowledge ;)

Pressume something like this is what you mean?

Ducati V-One – Twin to Supercharged Single Conversion

Well I'll be buggered, Clearly says in that article that the bike has a tank that injects compressed air for 10 seconds. It doesnt say what it achieves, but the bike is supercharged too. Glad I never claimed I actually had any facts lol...

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Wow, just wow....

No it wont work, thats why no one has done it. Any fanboys wanna prove me wrong?

DmanVT

USAWME
Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT sedan II