Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattle from 09 sv6 ute help

MNTLSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6
Hey guys, new to this forum and its prob been covered but im in all stumped with this rattle.

From complete stop to 60 ks accelerating theres a rattle/vibration noise first i thought it was coming from aircon so i did the reset n no good then i got told by someone it may be a bearing so i had that checked n all bearings were good had to get brakes done at same time n had the whole wheel arches looked at n everything was fine visually, mechanic even took it for a spin n off course it didnt do it for him :S

It sounds like its coming from the passenger side front, I've also been told it could be a problem with the exhaust eg stuffed cat,heatsheild or drive shaft but im out of ideas if i cant find it a loud sound system or exhaust is the go lol
any help would be greatly appreciated :)

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Rattles. The no cost non-delete option that comes with every ute.

Seriously though get the exhaust guys to check over your system. Could be coming loose where it bolts to the manifolds.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
cheat the heat shields to just crawl under ur car and check them

MNTLSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6
Got it goin in for a check by a different mechanic on saturday fingers crossed its nothing major n hopefully get it covered on warranty, appreciate the help to guys cheers