Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattle/Knock after service.

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Hey all, I have a slight problem hopefully you can help me with.

My car had a constant misfire, so I replaced the crank angle sensor as that was the culprit.

whilest driving around after the cam sensor harness rubbed on the balancer causing one of the wires to cut through. Which also caused the car to run rich as all the injectors were firing at once.

I fixed this problem and the car ran fine. Until last night I was driving around and the motor started knocking badly.

I have no idea what it could be.. any help would be appreciated.

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
The knocking is probably unrelated to your previous trouble if it was running fine.

Engine knock is bad.

A youtube vid would help?

Or a description of the sound and how loud it is.

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
I did take a video of how loud it was but I suppose its not needed any more as my motor seized 2 hours after I posted this.. Do you have any info regarding engine removal?.

I've taken out the radiator and shroud.
fed the harness through from the passenger kick panel
undone the ac compressor
undone the engine mounts at the frame
undone the throttle and cruise cables
undone the tail shaft and removed the starter motor..

I'm just unsure of what else is left apart from the trans x member and fuel lines

cheers

m62vpute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP MANUAL S/C 3.8 UTE
heater hose line
power steer line

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
I did take a video of how loud it was but I suppose its not needed any more as my motor seized 2 hours after I posted this..
Bummer. Did you forget to put oil in it?

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Nah mate she was full of oil etc all i did was a cas and drive belt 2 days later she was knocking and then I did a big end bearing.

Anyone know of any good or reliable wreckers in Liverpool or surrounding regions in nsw? pick n payless black town want 195 for a block and heads including rocker covers and sump.. another bloke I rang wanted 350 for a complete motor minus alternator and coil packs

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Nah mate she was full of oil etc all i did was a cas and drive belt 2 days later she was knocking and then I did a big end bearing.

Anyone know of any good or reliable wreckers in Liverpool or surrounding regions in nsw? pick n payless black town want 195 for a block and heads including rocker covers and sump.. another bloke I rang wanted 350 for a complete motor minus alternator and coil packs

Why dont you just get yourself a set of new bearings and put new bearings in it??? Might not be able to i suppose

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
it'd probably be easier just doing a motor as I have no idea what damage is done to the crank or rod. then id have to get the crank reground I think

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
it'd probably be easier just doing a motor as I have no idea what damage is done to the crank or rod. then id have to get the crank reground I think

Yeah i suppose… Just a idea :)

Mr.38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT MANTA
Cheers for that tho mate it's appreciated