Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattle noise underneath after Ultratune service

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Nothing wrong with shaving discs as long as they remain above the thickness requirements. I personally will only shave them once. And slotted rotors cost more than $120/pair.

11gothevt11

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Sedan
I wasn't talking about slotted.... Ok you can shave for $40 per disc...$80 two disc
Or spend $120 plus around $60 for fitting only extra $100
Just my opinion What i would do

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yes true, but I find slotted to be a much better disc than standard, especially in the wet. And fair enough, if I was running standard then yes I would just get new ones too.

And I fit my own brakes, so would only be $120 or whatever.

kazalex

karen
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2,s pack
i never go to ultratune any more as they didn't fix my car properly and they over charge .

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
They are franchises, every one is different.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Ultratune charged me 20 bucks to replace a re tail light bulb, and interior light bulb, that blew 2 days later. I've never been back since.

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
I'm finding this post amusing....the prices you guys are posting would have been what I would consider reasonable....they're more like cost of parts, some labour and maybe the cost of courier to get the part to the shop. Before you want to whinge about being overcharged, take your car to a Holden dealer for servicing, then tell me again the likes of Ultratune and other mobs around are overcharging you.

For the record, Holden will charge on average between $600 to $1200 for standard log book service. The $300 they qoute is really just putting your car up on a hoist and they haven't even started changing the oil, parts, water, filters etc.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
if its 177 just for pads its a bit steep, this is in relation to what we charged at my old work.
Yes it is cheap compared to holden but im sure if you just do a quick ring around you should be able to find cheaper.
Unless they are undersized or seriously grooved i wouldnt worry about replacing or machine the rear rotors.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Trade slogan for ultra tune " WE GET IT RIGHT EVENTUALLY "

vtbaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
i have this same problem right now and its the exhaust mount, my mechanic first told me it was the front struts when i explained the noise then once he had a look he realised what it was, apparently its not a big problem, maybe thats y its taken him almost 3 weeks to book it in to fix it hahaha