Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rattle noise

Bluey88

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 S2 v6 3.8L VT BERLINA WAGON
Nah its not the exhaust iv got a new redback 2.5inch catback from VE Online and installed by mufflermart

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Strut top bearings mine make a quick succession squeak in the area you describe and I will replace them soon

D

devilly

I have just replaced my front struts,i reckon the inside spring broke on my old ones and this was causing the bearing in a tin can noise.when going over humps and bumps,and i also changed my swap bar(stabilizing bar) end links.that was a mental night mare in it self,i got the instructions with the kit they were no good as the writing to the pictures were different. pic said doughnut up top, writing said doughnut at bottom,so i researched it in the Haynes book and then the max ellery book.they both said different things,final after long time of researching,doughnuts onto the strut with the washers upside down and circles on the bottom with washers upside down.if you don't do it the right way after a while a noise will come back as the rubber settles in.hope this helps.